Summary: JESUS’ HEART BEATS WITH GLORY FOR US!
Jesus Heart beats with Glory for us
Shane Falco Glory Quote
Shane Falco: I wish I could say something classy and inspirational, but that just wouldn’t be our style.
[pause while everybody is in the huddle]
Shane Falco: Pain heals. Chicks dig scars. Glory... lasts forever.
T.S. Glory is supposed to be inspiring for us. It was for Jesus. Let me share with you oe of his final prayers.
The Prayer of Jesus
1 After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you. 2 For you have given him authority over everyone. He gives eternal life to each one you have given him. 3 And this is the way to have eternal life--to know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, the one you sent to earth. 4 I brought glory to you here on earth by completing the work you gave me to do. 5 Now, Father, bring me into the glory we shared before the world began.
JESUS’ HEART BEATS WITH GLORY FOR US!
T.S. That Glory was always supposed to be inspiring, igniting a passion in our lives. Thismoring I want to help us understand how Jesus’ Heart Beats with Glory for Us.
I. The Bottom Line was all about Glory.
1 After saying all these things, Jesus looked up to heaven and said, "Father, the hour has come. Glorify your Son so he can give glory back to you.
Glorify -- doxazo to render (or esteem) glorious (in a wide application)
Glory -- to think in terms of something being of undenialbe true worth and estimate.
Glory we know it when we see it. Applied to God it is the declaration of everything that he is in all his greatness and magnificence.
Glory is of ultimate importance. It’s what wars are fought over and empires built for.
* At Achilles tomb, O fortunate youth, to have found Homer as the herald of your glory! Alexander the Great (356 - 323 BC)
* "Glory is fleeting, but obscurity is forever." Napoleon Bonaparte
* "For glory gives herself only to those who have always dreamed of her." Charles De Gaulle
* As Commanding General of the Seventh Army, Patton and his soldiers stole the glory that General Montgomery so badly wanted. Hampered by higher echelon, sparse supplies, and forced to use secondary roads, Patton and his Seventh Army still managed to reach Messina first. Montgomery was surprised and embarrassed to march into the town and find Patton and his men sitting there, waiting for him.
It’s what Satan wants and what God is jealous for.
11 For my own sake, for my own sake, I do this. How can I let myself be defamed? I will not yield my glory to another. NIV
Everything God was doing in the coming of Jesus was to reveal his glory to the greatest number of people in the most ostentatious way. The Bottom line has always been that people would know, and acknowledge the lasting greatness of God.
Appl: Jesus longs for us to share in that.
II. Two key ways God is Glorified (his glory acknowledged)
One thing in common with all these stories
* Kim Avery shares how she almost committed suicide, and how through a near fatal car crash she reconsidered!