Summary: This is an evangelistic sermon designed to convince people to open the door of their hearts to Jesus.
Key Scripture: Jesus said, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and dine with him, and he with Me” (Revelation 3:20 NKJV).
Illustration: Knock on the pulpit as you preach.
I. Jesus is knocking on the door of your life.
A. Jesus is standing at the door.
B. Jesus is knocking.
1. Some people are too busy to open the door.
a. Some people are sleeping.
b. Some are eating.
c. Some are watching TV.
d. Some are playing video games.
e. Some are reading a book.
f. Some are talking to their friends.
2. Some are too scared to open the door.
a. Some think it is robbers.
b. Some think it is the police.
c. Some think it is a salesman.
3. Some are busy sinning,
d. In bed with a girl,
4. Some are ignoring the knock.
a. Some want to wait until latter.
b. Some have stuffed cotton in their ears.
5. But, no matter what you are doing, Jesus is still knocking.
II. Will you open the door?
A. Can you hear his voice?
B. Will you open the door?
1. You do not have to clean up the house, all you have to do is open the door.
2. It does not matter if your house is a rich house or a poor house, all you have to do is open the door.
3. It does not matter what religion you are, open the door.
III. What happens when you open the door?
A. Jesus comes in.
1. Jesus heals you.
2. Jesus provides for you.
3. Jesus brings you peace.
4. Jesus brings you joy.
B. You eat supper together.
1. Jesus wants to be your friend.
2. Jesus wants to spend time with you.
3. Jesus wants to save you.