Summary: The Bible teaches us that God wants us to be strong and full of joy. If we listen we can hear God speaking to us through the Word. The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength —Nehemiah 8:10
JESUS OUR CHEER LEADER!
The Bible teaches us that God wants us to be strong and full of joy. If we listen we can hear God speaking to us through the Word.
The Joy of the Lord is Your Strength
Mat 9:2 And, behold, they brought to him a man sick of the palsy, lying on a bed: and Jesus seeing their faith said unto the sick of the palsy; Son, be of good cheer; thy sins be forgiven thee.
I. The greatest happiness a person can experience is the joy of salvation!
A. The second greatest happiness we will mention later in this message.
1. I remember the day I was saved. The joy is growing as I realized what happened
2. The devil would like to take this joy away from us.
B. It is the greatest miracle that can happen to a person. This is why Jesus said be a good cheer. It is greater than any miracle of healing.
1. Jesus taught at Kingdom principal here. To receive the blessings of the Lord and we must first be willing to receive the giver of blessings.
(Mat 6:33 KJV) But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.
II. Jesus is always there it even in the midst of a storm!
Mat 14:27 But straightway Jesus spake unto them, saying, Be of good cheer; it is I; be not afraid.
A. Give background of this experience of the disciples with Jesus on the water.
1. Peter walking on the water. Jesus long way off.
a. When Peter’s faith failed, Jesus was there to lift them out. He will never leave us nor forsake us.
III. We cannot lose for winning, for when the battles over we rule with him.
John 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.
A. We can do it because he did it! He paid the price! He overcame the world, we can overcome the world.
John 14:12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.
(Josh 1:8 KJV) This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
(Josh 1:9 KJV) Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
IV. He still speaks to his children! Paul aboard ship hears from God!
Acts 23:11 And the night following the Lord stood by him, and said, Be of good cheer, Paul: for as thou hast testified of me in Jerusalem, so must thou bear witness also at Rome.
V. Paul shares the message!
Acts 27:22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheer: for there shall be no loss of any man's life among you, but of the ship.
Acts 27:25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheer: for I believe God, that it shall be even as it was told me.
VI. they were all filled with good cheer!
Acts 27:36 Then were they all of good cheer, and they also took some meat.
A. I’ve never met anyone who was sorry they became a Christian!
1. Joy is the byproduct of obedience.
2. Ten rules for happier living:
1. Give something away (no strings attached)
2. Do a kindness (and forget it)
3. Spend a few minutes with the aged (their experience is a priceless guidance)
4. Look intently into the face of a baby (and marvel)
5. Laugh often (it's life's lubricant)
6. Give thanks (a thousand times a day is not enough)
7. Pray (or you will lose the way)
8. Work (with vim and vigor)
9. Plan as though you'll live forever (because you will)
10.Live as though you'll die tomorrow (because you will on some tomorrow)