Summary: This sermon looks at the events leading up to the rising of Jesus Christ!!
There are three things you must notice that Jesus did before he rose from the grave.
1. First he ate with his disciples one more time before his death. So Jesus knew he was going to die.
2. Second Jesus was beaten not for his sins but for ours. Jesus took a beaten for something he did not even do that's true love.
3. The third thing that Jesus did was he was nailed to the cross, refused to come off the cross and died on the cross for our sins.
These three major events all happened back to back and before he even went into the tomb.
But I like what happened when Jesus was in the tomb. He stayed there two nights and three days. Early on the third day the stone was rolled away and Jesus came out!
Why did Jesus come out:
1. To show the devil he does not have control over who lives or dies.
2. To finish the promise found in John 3:16
3. He rose to go back home to prepare a place for all those who believe in the teachings of God's Holy word.
THIS DAY SHOULD BE A DAY REJOICING FOR ALL OF GOD'S CHILDREN. IT IS BECAUSE OF WHAT WE CALL RESURRECTION SUNDAY THAT WE ALL HAVE CHANCE OF CALLING HEAVEN OUR HOME ONE DAY.
WEEPING MAY ENDURE FOR A NIGHT BUT JOY COMES IN THE MORNING!
HAPPY RESURRECTION SUNDAY!