Summary: This message is intended to help us realize that Jesus is the way, the truth and the life in every aspect of our living: personal, family and church.
A. A small group of disciples had gathered with Jesus to eat the Passover meal together.
1. He had told them of a traitor in their midst, His coming death, the desertion of the disciples and the denial of Peter.
2. Things were looking pretty grim and, no doubt, Jesus saw the fear and dismay on their faces so He goes on to bring them hope.
3. It is at this point we find those wonderful words, John 14:1-4 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.  In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.  And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
B. For some, however, this just brought up other questions
1. It was Thomas, the doubting one (like so many of us), that asked Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way? John 14:5
2. To which Jesus spoke the words from which our message is brought today: John 14:6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
C. Folks, there is no way to come to God but through Jesus Christ.
1. In context Jesus was speaking about getting to heaven – the place of God’s abode
2. These words applied in this manner are a wonderful promise and gives great assurance of our future home in heaven
3. But I believe we can find a much greater application for our lives in this present time.
D. There is much in our world today that can bring the same sort of grim outlook and doubt into the life of people.
1. But let me assure you we can find confidence and assurance in God through Jesus TODAY!
2. He is indeed the way to heaven, but much more: He is the way, the truth, and the life in many other areas; three of which I want to look at this morning:
a. In our Personal Life
b. In our Family Life
c. And in our Church Life
3. This morning we need to come to God through Christ in every aspect of our lives – He is the only Way; He is the only Truth; He is the only Life that can bring hope and security for the present and eternity!
4. So lets ask God to do a great work in our personal life, family life and church life & to Him be the glory both now and forever. AMEN!
Jesus is indeed the way, the truth, and the life and it begins with
I. OUR PERSONAL LIFE,
A. First in Salvation, Romans 10:13 For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.
1. Salvation is a personal thing – by that I mean no one can do it for some one else – it is a transaction between God and the individual.
2. In order to be save we must acknowledge God’s truth on the matter
a. First we are all sinners, Romans 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;
1) And because we are sinners we are separated from God, for the wages of sin is death.
2) We are dead spiritually because of Adam’s sin in the garden
- Thus the apostle Paul wrote, Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned: Romans 5:12