Summary: Some stuff Jesus has said he has given to us so we don’t need to ask for it just live it and believe. You can also listen to this messages at www.preaching .co.nr
Jesus Said; “Whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.” “Everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.” (Mark 11:24, Luke 11:10)
Jesus has not yet given to us what we are asking for or what we are praying for, otherwise we would not ask or pray. But we know with certainty that there is the potential that our prayers will be answered. I am sure most if not all of us could tell stories of how prayers have been answered in our lives.
However, there are some things we have received and neither asked nor prayed for. Come with New Birth in Jesus, they are in our DNA, a part of our identity in Christ. Jesus has said; “I give” or “I have given.” Our spiritual DNA has not been loaned to us; Jesus has no plans to take them back. However, many don’t realise they have been given and are asking for them. I want to encourage you to believe, to be certain that you possess what Jesus has given.
We know from previous studies that Jesus has given or sent the Holy Spirit to be our helper in life and ministry.
1. Jesus has given to us a new commandment
John 13:34 "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.
Jesus changed the basis of relationship from legalistic religious obedience to love. Real agape love will make the world and your personal world a better place. However, people seem to have an inbuilt desire to war with each other and God.
James 4:4 You adulterous people, don’t you know that friendship with the world is hatred toward God? Anyone who chooses to be a friend of the world becomes an enemy of God.
ILL Society of International Law, in London, states that during the last 4,000 years there have been only 268 years of peace in spite of good peace treaties. In the last 3 centuries there have been 286 wars on the continent of Europe alone. J.K. Laney, Marching Orders, p 50.
2. Jesus has given to us His Earthly Peace
I am calling it His earthly peace because so many people live life believing one day they will Rest in Peace. Peace is no good when you are dead. Don’t wait to rest in peace Live in Peace
Jesus said; “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27 So, Jesus does not expect us to wait until we get to heaven to live in peace, his peace has been given.
Sometimes people separate ‘peace with God’ and ‘peace of mind.’ Peace with God is a result of Salvation which affects the whole person not just the spirit. As Christians we can live with peace of mind while others are anxious.
3. Jesus has given us the Word of God
John 17:14 I have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world.
Let’s not think about the word of God as the letters and words in the Bible, the Bible contains the pronouncements of God over us, the promises and the plans God has for us. The Bible is not words about God it’s the Word from God to us.
1. Ps 91:9,10 - Because you have made the LORD your refuge, the Most High your dwelling place, no evil shall befall you, no scourge come near your tent. This is the word for our lives.
2. Ps 121:5-8, The LORD is your keeper; the LORD is your shade at your right hand. The sun will not strike you by day, nor the moon by night. The LORD will keep you from all evil; he will keep your life. The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in from this time and forevermore. This is the word for our lives.
3. Mark 16:17-18 These signs shall accompany those who believe: in my name they shall cast out demons, they shall speak with new tongues. They shall pick up serpents. And if they drink any deadly poison, it shall not hurt them. They shall lay their hands on the sick, and they shall recover. This is the word for our lives.
4. Jesus has given us His Glory
John 17:22 I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: