Summary: Our Salvation is of the Jews
JESUS THE JEWISH MESSIAI1
John 4:22 -- ye, worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews.
Luke 2:25-32 - And behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout' waiting for the consolation of Israel : and the Holy Ghost was upon him, And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lords Christ. And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said, Lord, now lettest-thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: For rnine eyes have seen thy salvation. Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people; A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.
I. THE SEED OF ABRAHAM in whom all families of the earth would be blessed.
1. Genesis 12:1-3 Now the Lord had said unto Abram, Get thee out of thy country, and from thy kindred, and from thy father’s house, unto a land that I will shew thee: And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name grate; and thou shalt be a blessing: And I will bless them the bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.
2. Galatians 3:6-9 Even as Abraham believed God, and it was accounted to him for righteousness. Know ye therefore that they which are of faith, the same are the children of Abraham. And the Scripture, foreseeing that God would justify the heathen through faith, preached before the gospel unto Abraham, saying, In thee shall all nations be blessed, So then they which be of faith are blessed with faithful Abraham.
3. Galatians 3:13-14 13 Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:14 That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.
II. THE DESCENT OF JUDAH, “Even Shiloh,” who shall tread the winepress of the wrath of God.
1. Genesis 49:1-2 49 And Jacob called unto his sons, and said, Gather yourselves together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last days.2 Gather yourselves together, and hear, ye sons of Jacob; and hearken unto Israel your father.
Genesis 49:8-12 8 Judah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the neck of thine enemies; thy father's children shall bow down before thee.9 Judah is a lion's whelp: from the prey, my son, thou art gone up: he stooped down, he couched as a lion, and as an old lion; who shall rouse him up? 10 The sceptre shall not depart from Judah, nor a lawgiver from between his feet, until Shiloh come; and unto him shall the gathering of the people be.11 Binding his foal unto the vine, and his ass's colt unto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes:12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milk.
2. Revelation 3:5 And one of the elders saith unto me, Weep not: behold, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, hath prevailed to open the book, and to loose the seven seals thereof.
The progression unto completion of the redemption of God’s creation.
III.. THE OFFSPRING OF DAVID whose family (house) authority (throne) and sphere of rule (kingdom) will be forever.
II Samuel 7:15-16 15 But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee. 16 And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever.
Revelation 11:15-19 15 And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever.16 And the four and twenty elders, which sat before God on their seats, fell upon their faces, and worshipped God, 17 Saying, We give thee thanks, O LORD God Almighty, which art, and wast, and art to come; because thou hast taken to thee thy great power, and hast reigned.18 And the nations were angry, and thy wrath is come, and the time of the dead, that they should be judged, and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth.19 And the temple of God was opened in heaven, and there was seen in his temple the ark of his testament: and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail.