Summary: CHRIST'S POWER IN THE EVENTS OF LIFE
Pastor Allan Kircher
Shell Point Baptist Church
June 22, 2014
JESUS: THE SON OF MAN
Intro: John's majestic Gospel serves/magnificent gallery
• Display/glory/Jesus/no other literature/earth can.
• Enter/chap 1, John gives convincing evidence/deity/Jesus
• proves him to be the God/man
• shown in all/majesty of His place/Godhead.
Chap/2 gives us 2 snapshots/life of Jesus
• v 1-11, He/wedding/v.12-25, Jesus/House of Worship
• Jesus exerted His authority/Son of God to cleanse the filth from His Father's house!
• God has not changed His mind!
His House is still/House of prayer, praise/worship. Many in our day have tried to make God's House a place of merchandise, power and politics.
• Jesus still stands opposed to such practices.
This morning/not preach/scene/Temple/rather/scene/wedding.
• little snapshot/ministry of Jesus/seen in all of His humanity
• pictures/Jesus/concerned with/gets involved in
• problems and situations of ordinary, everyday life
• we encounter a Christ who cares
• who carry's through for His own!
• let's drop in on this little scene in Cana of Galilee and witness John's Portrait of Jesus: The Son Of Man.
V. 1-2 CHRIST'S PARTICIPATION IN THE EVENTS OF LIFE
The Circumstances /wedding/huge social event those days
• last as long as a week
• not told who is getting married/some close kinsman/Jesus
• brother, a sister, a cousin
• someone/close relation because Mary involved/festivities
Scene teaches us anything/tells us Jesus chose to participate in this common, routine, everyday event.
• Jesus isn't just for Sunday!
• He desires, and deserves to be included in all of life!
• He is either Lord of all, or He isn't Lord Acts 10:36
B. The Call - Jesus is here by invitation! Someone possessed the forethought and thoughtfulness to call Jesus to this event.
• Never be guilty/exclude Jesus/any areas of your life.
• If we are truly His, He has access rights to everything
Some, here today, need to open area of your life up to God
• Stop holding back and give God access to everything!
• In too many lives, Jesus is left standing outside looking in - Rev. 3:20
Times when Jesus stands ready/solution to your problem
• Instead of butting in, He waits patiently for your invitation!
Christ's Consideration - Notice that when He was called, Jesus came!
• All the events of life/child of God need never fear Jesus not coming to the aid!
• He cares and when we call, He will answer us and move in our need - Matt. 7:7-8; Jer. 33:3.
It may not be the Baptist way, but learn to run to Jesus before you climb on the rocking horse of worry
• Jesus will take you farther, faster!
II. V. 3-9 CHRIST'S POWER IN THE EVENTS OF LIFE
A. V. 3 A Problem
• Sometime during these festivities, they ran out of wine