Summary: Revelation 5: 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.” Jesus has triumphed! The answer is in Heb. 10:11-14
Scripture Rev. 5 & 6
Revelation 5: 5 Then one of the elders said to me, “Do not weep! See, the Lion of the tribe of Judah, the Root of David, has triumphed. He is able to open the scroll and its seven seals.”
Jesus has triumphed! This has troubled me all week. I kept thinking over and over what or rather why did he come back to heaven in triumph? What did he do? Why at no other time in history except at this particular time did he now triumph.
I believe the answer is in the book of Hebrews 10:11 - 14 Day after day every priest stands and performs his religious duties; again and again he offers the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins. 12But when this priest had offered for all time one sacrifice for sins, he sat down at the right hand of God. 13Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, 14because by one sacrifice he has made perfect forever those who are being made holy.
The key verse being verse 13 Since that time he waits for his enemies to be made his footstool, This is where Jesus triumphs.
I. The Footstool of the Lord:
1. What is the footstool of God?
2. Where is it located?
3. The answer is in Isaiah 66:1 This is what the LORD says: “Heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool.
4. Jesus waits for the perfect moment.
5. The timing has to be right.
6. He waits patiently at God’s right hand.
7. Until the day comes for the rapture to take place that only God knows.
8. Mark 13:32 - 37“No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 34It’s like a man going away: He leaves his house and puts his servants in charge, each with his assigned task, and tells the one at the door to keep watch.35“Therefore keep watch because you do not know when the owner of the house will come back—whether in the evening, or at midnight, or when the rooster crows, or at dawn. 36If he comes suddenly, do not let him find you sleeping. 37What I say to you, I say to everyone: ‘Watch!’”
9. So Jesus waits until God the Father gives the nod that it is time to take his children home.
10. Jesus redeems, he rescues mankind from off the earth and thereby leaving His enemies alone on His footstool as the only inhabitants left to experience the wrath of God through the seven seals.
Jesus will finally put an end to sin and triumphs over His enemies that have been made his footstool in this Jesus triumphs.
II. Jesus triumphed:
1. He died, he rose and he triumphed over the enemy.
2. Satan is and always has been a defeated foe.
3. Jesus the perfect example for us as Christians to live a holy life showed us how to be victorious over sin.
4. Now in the near future we won’t have to worry about sin anymore.
5. Daniel 9:24 “Seventy ‘sevens’ are decreed for your people and your holy city to finish transgression, to put an end to sin, to atone for wickedness, to bring in everlasting righteousness, to seal up vision and prophecy and to anoint the most holy.
6. This is the reason John wept in chapter 5 verse 5.
7. No one was worthy to open the seven seals to put an end to sin and bring in everlasting righteousness.
8. Part of his salvation plan involved saving his people from the wrath of God.
9. What God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit endeavored to do in the Garden of Eden has come full circle.
10. It wasn’t that God made a mistake in the garden and just corrected it.
11. No, he brought to himself created beings who withstood the evil and temptations of this sinful world to truly love him with all their hearts in spite of the allurements of this present world.
12. These are the people he fulfilled all the promises of God through
13. Those that love Christ and freely chose to love and serve him are greater servants of God than Adam and Eve before the fall.
14. In order to truly love someone we must go through the test, trials, heartaches, and pain to come forth shining in faith and in trust in the God of heaven.
15. True love will do whatever it takes, give up whatever is required to go the extra mile.
Jesus has triumphed he is the only one who beat the devil at his own game and won.