Summary: JESUS WEPT : HE SHARES OUR SORROW AND IS MOVED WITH COMPASSION WHEN WE ARE IN PAIN AND AGONY AND HE WEEPS WITH US. THE LORD IS ALSO PAINED TO SEE OUR DOUBT AND UNBELIEF. WHEN HE IS ABOUT TO DO A MIGHTY MIRACLE FOR US .
JESUS WEPT : THE GOD WHO IS MOVED WITH LOVE AND COMPASSION
1. JESUS SHARES OUR SORROW AND IS MOVED WITH COMPASSION WHEN WE ARE IN PAIN AND AGONY AND HE WEEPS WITH US. THE LORD IS ALSO PAINED TO SEE OUR DOUBT AND UNBELIEF. WHEN HE IS ABOUT TO DO A MIGHTY MIRACLE FOR US , HE WANTS US TO BE FILLED WITH FAITH AND EXPECTATION. INSTEAD IF WE ARE FULL OF DOUBT AND FEAR AND SORROW , HE WEEPS FOR US BECAUSE OF OUR UNBELIEF.
"When Mary reached the place where Jesus was and saw him, she fell at his feet and said, "Lord, if you had been here, my brother would not have died."When Jesus saw her weeping, and the Jews who had come along with her also weeping, he was deeply moved in spirit and troubled. "Where have you laid him?" he asked. "Come and see, Lord," they replied.Jesus wept. Then the Jews said, "See how he loved him!"But some of them aid, "Could not he who opened the eyes of the blind man have kept this man from dying?" Jesus, once more deeply moved, came to the tomb. It was a cave with a stone laid across the entrance. "Take away the stone," he said."But, Lord," said Martha, the sister of the dead man, "by this time there is a bad odor, for he has been there four days."Then Jesus said, "Did I not tell you that if you believed, you would see the glory of God?" John 11: 32-40
2.JESUS WEEPS FOR US IF WE MISS THE TIME OF OUR VISITATION . IF WE FAIL TO RECOGNISE THE MOVE OF GOD IN OUR LIVES AND MISS THE KEYS TO BLESSING AND PEACE , THE LORD WEEPS FOR US BECAUSE HE SEES ALL THE SUFFERING THAT WE WILL FACE AS A RESULT. THE LORD WANTS US TO RECOGNISE THE TIME OF VISITATION AND RESPOND TO THE MOVE OF GOD IN OUR LIFE.
"When he came near the place where the road goes down the Mount of Olives, the whole crowd of disciples began joyfully to praise God in loud voices for all the miracles they had seen:"Blessed is the king who comes in the name of the Lord!" "Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" Some of the Pharisees in the crowd said to Jesus, "Teacher, rebuke your disciples!" "I tell you," he replied, "if they keep quiet, the stones will cry out." As he approached Jerusalem and saw the city, he wept over it and said, "If you, even you, had only known on this day what would bring you peace—but now it is hidden from your eyes. The days will come upon you when your enemies will build an embankment against you and
encircle you and hem you in on every side. They will dash you to the ground, you and the children within your walls. They will not leave one stone on another, because you did not recognize the time of God’s coming to you." Luke 19: 37-44
3. THE LORD WANTS US TO HAVE A HEART THAT SHARES THE JOYS AND SORROWS OF OTHERS . HE DOES NOT WANT HIS CHILDREN TO BE SELFISH WITHOUT ANY CONCERN FOR OTHERS . HE WANTS US TO BE HAPPY WHEN OTHERS ARE HAPPY AND NOT BE JEALOUS OF THE BLESSINGS OF OTHERS. HE ALSO WANTS US TO SHARE THE SORROWS OF OTHERS WITH A HEART OF COMPASSION. WE SHOULD NOT REJOICE TO SEE THE SUFFERINGS OF OTHERS.
"Rejoice with those who rejoice; mourn with those who mourn. " Romans 12:15
4. THE LORD UNDERSTANDS OUR WEAKNESSES AND TEMPTATIONS . HE SYMPATHIZES WITH US BECAUSE HE ALSO FACED EVERY TRIAL AND TEMPTATION THAT WE FACE TODAY AND HE CAN UNDERSTAND OUR PAIN . THEREFORE WE CAN COME BOLDY INTO HIS PRESENCE TO RECEIVE MERCY FROM HIM IN OUR TIME OF NEED .
"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are—yet was without sin. Let us then approach the throne of grace
with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need. " Hebrews 4:15-16
5. THE LORD WAS DESPISED AND REJECTED . HE WAS A MAN OF SORROWS AND FAMILIAR WITH SUFFERING . THEREFORE HE UNDERSTANDS US PERFECTLY WHEN WE GO THROUGH SUCH EXPERIENCES IN OUR LIFE . HE IS MOVED WITH COMPASSION ON US TO HELP US IN OUR DISTRESS.
" He was despised and rejected by men,a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering.Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not. " Isaiah 53:3
6. THE LORD IS COMPASSIONATE ON US EVEN WHEN WE REBEL AGAINST HIM AND TURN AWAY FROM HIM. HE DOES NOT ENJOY PUNISHING US . HE DOES NOT WANT TO FORSAKE US . HE IS LONGING FOR US TO RETURN TO HIM AND REPENT OF OUR REBELLION . IT IS ONLY WITH A HEAVY HEART THAT HE BRINGS JUDGEMENT ON HIS CHILDREN.