Jiminy Cricket Part 3 Series
Contributed by Michael Mccartney on Apr 10, 2001 (message contributor)
Summary: We need to know the difference between God’s voice, Satan’s voice, our own voice, and others voices. It is a matter of life and death. One voice brings life, resurrection, peace and the others bring death, destruction, and chaos.
Jiminy Cricket part 3
Thesis: We need to know the difference between God’s voice, Satan’s voice, our own voice, and others voices. It is a matter of life and death. One voice brings life, resurrection, peace and the others bring death, destruction, and chaos.
Review Last two weeks messages- Power Point slides 1-9!
There are voices battling for control of our minds and we must be determined to listen to the right voice, which is God’s so that we stay focused on the mission he has called us to.
LaHaye states, “If Christ’s church becomes sufficiently aroused to the fact that humanism is winning the battle for the mind, she will awaken millions of pro-moral pro-Americans- and together they will vote their amoral, one-world humanist overlords out of office and replace them with traditional, pro-moral leaders” (88).
Cal Thomas states a puzzling fact, “America, which once promoted God and biblical values, now opposes them, and Russia, which once opposed God and biblical values, now welcomes and promotes them” (103).
So what has happened to one of the greatest educational and governmental systems in the world? The United States system was originally based on biblical principles but over the last 40 years it has been slowly overtaken by secular humanists.
Power Point Presentation:
10.Humanists believe! 11.Dobson Quote 12.Why Listen to Humanists? 13,14. Scripture verses.
As Paul Harvey says “And now for the rest of the story!”:
Clip from David Barton’s work: Keys to Good Government.
Power Point Presentation: 15.Humanists 5 basic beliefs 16.Ephesians 6:13,14
T.S.- The fourth voice battling for control of our minds is the humanistic voice of mankind. Satan is the driving force behind this voice even though mankind would deny it.
I. The fourth voice is the humanistic voice of the world.
a. The humanistic voice says’ “I can do all things through me!”
i. James Dobson stated, “The secular humanistic system of values has now become the predominant way of thinking in most of the power centers of society.”
ii. Paul Kurtz stated, “No deity will save us; we must save ourselves.”
1. Romans 1:22-23 states, “22Although they claimed to be wise, they became fools 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images made to look like mortal man and birds and animals and reptiles.
2. Humanism has five basic beliefs according to Tim LaHaye’s book Mind Siege pages 70-86.
a. He says they are:
i. Atheism- the belief that there is no God.
ii. Evolution- Since there is no God there is no creation just evolution to explain man’s existence.
1. There belief comes from Darwin’s theory.
2. Despite evolutions frauds, lies and weaknesses, humanists stick to it zealously because their disbelief in God requires it.
iii. Amorality – which means there is no absolute morality. Anything goes because man is an evolving animal and his or her instincts will guide them to what is right for them.
1. Consider some humanistic voices on the following subjects:
a. On sexual experimentation – “…We must accept that adolescent sexual experimentation is not just inevitable but actually necessary for normal development” (77)
b. On premarital sex- Discuss it and tell what options are available like petting, masturbation and mutual orgasm then on to intercourse (77).
i. No talk on abstinence!
c. On extramarital sex- “An extramarital affair that’s really solid might have very good results” (77).
d. On Sexology Magazine – “Sexology magazine is no more pornographic than the Bible “(78).
i. A magazine full of pornographic pictures and immorality.
iv. Autonomous Man – Man in their view is autonomous, self-directed, godlike person with unlimited goodness and potential (78).
1. LaHaye states, “Humanism assumes that man is innately good and capable of solving his problems independently of any Supreme being” (80).
2. Yet history has repeatedly showed that an person with autonomous free thinking with no absolutes leads to chaos and destruction.
3. LaHaye adds “Today’s philosophy of education is obsessed with self-actualization, self-image, self-love, self-sufficiency, self-esteem, self-satisfaction-self, self, self” (80).
a. Today we live in one of the most self-centered societies in the history of mankind.
4. The Christian mind is told by the Lord that it is born to serve where the humanistic voice says no it’s to be pleased!
v. Globalism – Humanistic voice always cries for bigger government. To them this is the answer to all problems in society bigger government solves them for the individuals.
1. The truth is less government produces more freedom – the bigger the government the lesser you have of individual freedom.
a. Just ask the former Communist citizens.
b. The humanistic voice is strong in America in the following areas:
i. Higher education especially in Secular Universities.
ii. In the Media.
1. The Printed page of most Newspapers are humanistic.
2. The television is controlled by humanistic thinkers and promoters.