Summary: Twelfth in a Series going through the New Testament
JUDE & REVELATION
Introduction: In the previous lesson we studied the Epistles of Peter and John. This lesson will begin with Jude, the book to expose Apostasy. We will conclude this lesson and this study with the Revelation. The Revelation is the Book of Final Consummation.
A. Writer: Jude, or Judas, the full brother of James, and a half brother of the Lord Jesus Christ
B. Date: 67 A.D.
C. Purpose: This is the epistle for the day in which we are living. It is a warning of false teachers that will come in
the last days.
D. Key Verse: “Beloved, when I gave all diligence to write unto you of the common salvation, it was needful for
me to write unto you, and exhort you that ye should earnestly contend for the faith which was once delivered
unto the saints.” Jude 3
E. The Epistle of Jude is complementary to II Peter, as they warn of the same thing.
1. Jude begins his epistle, as do all of the other New Testament writers, by placing his name at the beginning.
2. He along with his brother James, did not believe their half brother, the Lord Jesus Christ, was the Messiah
until after His Resurrection.
3. The Resurrection made all the difference in the world, for here we see that he is a true believer in the Lord.
4. He does not claim the kinship to the Lord Jesus, but rather states that he is a bond slave to him.
5. He writes to all believers, declaring that they are sanctified, preserved and called.
6. He writes to tell the believers to hold fast to the Word of God no matter what Satan brings against them.
B. Date: Between 96 and 100 A.D.
C. Place: The Isle of Patmos
D. Purpose: It is not the revelation of John, but it is the Revelation of Jesus Christ. Its purpose, therefore is to
reveal the Lord Jesus to all men. It’s purpose is also to make known to us what shall be the end or
consummation of all of God’s redemptive purposes.
E. Key Verse: “Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be
hereafter.” Rev. 1:19
F. Key Thought: The entire Book of Revelation is a commentary upon Revelation 1:7: “Behold, he cometh with
clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindred of the earth shall wail
because of him. Even so, Amen.”
G. The Book of Revelation is a great blessing to the believer’s today, but it will also be needed greatly by the
believers during the Tribulation period.
H. There is an Interesting comparison between the first book of the Bible and the Last Book of the Bible.
Creation of the Sun No Need of the Sun
Satan’s Victory Satan’s Defeat
Sin’s Entrance Sin Exit
Man Left God Invited Back
Curse Pronounced No More Curse
Tears and Sorrow “And God shall wipe away all Tears
Garden Cursed City Glorified
Tree of Life Forbidden Tree of Life Eaten
Paradise Lost Paradise Regained
Death Enters No More Death
Work and Sweat on Man’s Brow Eternal Rest
I. The “Sevens” of the Book of Revelation
1. The Seven Churches in Asia - 1:4, 11
2. The Seven Spirits - 1:4
3. The Seven Golden Candlesticks - 1:12, 20
4. The Seven Stars (Angels) - 1:16,20
5. The Seven Church Letters - 2:1-3:22
6. The Seven Lamps - 4:5
7. The Seven Seals - 5:1; 6:1-8:1
8. The Seven Horns - 5:6
9. The Seven Eyes - 5:6
10. The Seven Trumpets - 8:2-11:9
11. The Seven Thunders - 10:3-4
12. The Seven Thousand Slain - 11:13
13. The Seven Heads - 12:3
14. The Seven Crowns - 12:3
15. The Seven Angels - 15:1
16. The Seven Plagues (vials) of God’s Wrath - 15:1-16:21
17. The Seven Mountains - 17:9
18. The Seven Kings - 17:10
19. The Seven “Beatitudes” -
a. Blessed are those who read this prophecy: 1:3
b. Blessed are those who die in the Lord: 14:3
c. Blessed are those who watch for Christ’s coming: 16:15
d. Blessed are those invited to the marriage supper: 19:9
e. Blessed are those in the first resurrection: 20:6
f. Blessed are those who keep the words of this book: 22:7
g. Blessed are those who wash their robes: 22:14
20. The Seven Personages
a. The Woman, Israel - 12:1-2
b. Great Red Dragon, Satan - 12:3, 4, 9
c. The Man Child, Christ - 12:5-6
d. The Anchangel, Michael - 12:7
e. Israel’s Remnant - 12:17
f. The Beast out of the Sea - 13:1-8
g. The Beast out of the Earth - 13:11-18