Summary: Censorious Judgment -means highly critical and finding fault.
37 ¶ "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
38. "Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
39. And He spoke a parable to them: "Can the blind lead the blind? Will they not both fall into the ditch?
40. "A disciple is not above his teacher, but everyone who is perfectly trained will be like his teacher.
41. "And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not perceive the plank in your own eye?
42. "Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Brother, let me remove the speck that is in your eye,’ when you yourself do not see the plank that is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck that is in your brother’s eye..
I. Censorious Judgment : Mt 7:1-2
1 ¶ "Judge not, that you be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment you judge, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
I learned a new word: Censorious ---means highly critical, finding fault.
1. Judge not, that ye be not judged—To "judge" here does not exactly mean to pronounce condemnatory judgment, nor does it refer to simple judging at all, whether favorable or the reverse.
2. The thing here condemned is that disposition to look unfavorably on the character and actions of others, which lead invariably to the pronouncing of rash, unjust, and unlovely judgments upon them.
3. , we are not only warranted to sit in judgment upon a brother’s character and actions. It is the violation of the law of love .that ye be not judged"—confirms this: "that your own character and actions be not pronounced upon with the like severity"; that is, at the great day.
II. Judged by the word
He that rejecteth me, and receiveth not my words, hath one that judgeth him: the word that I have spoken, the same shall judge him in the last day.
Revelation 20 pronounces the judgment of Sin and the great white throne judgment where by according to our works.
A. Condemn not you shall not be condemned
B. Forgive and you will be forgiven
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
III. Characteristics of Generosity
"Give and it will be given to you: good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be put into your bosom. For with the same measure that you use, it will be measured back to you."
a. Known as givers and not judgers
b. Boundless generosity-limitless kindness to sinner and saint
the bosom of a garment, i.e. the hollow formed by the upper forepart of a rather loose garment bound by a girdle or sash, used for keeping and carrying things (the fold or pocket)