Summary: IF I COULD JUST TELL MY STORY!
“JUDGMENT IN GOD’S COURTROOM”
Text: Rev. 20:11-15
Everyone wants their day in court. They say, “If I could just tell my side of the story, then everything would be alright.” Well, every sinner and every Christian will have their day in court. This is the last event that will take place before time is done away with.
This is a passage and a message that is intended for the ears of the lost and the dying. Yet, the truths that are contained here ought to give Christians a greater zeal for the souls for the lost.
Judgment is coming. It is only through and by the grace and mercy of God Almighty that we haven’t received the wrath of God.
I want us to look in the courthouse of God this morning.......and just imagine, what will take place.
IMAGINE: The seen that is taking place. Here we are in heaven and there are millions of people. All kinds of people.
We see people like.........
1. The Apostle Paul---who was a great man of God.
2. The maniac (demon po)---who Jesus cast out the devils.
3. The woman at the well----who had 5 husbands
4. Steven--- who was stone for the cause of Christ.
5. Mary the mother of Jesus
Then we see people like.....
1. Billy Sunday----Great Evangelist of Old
2. Charles Spurgeon ----Great Evangelist
3. Jonathan Edward--- who preached one of the finest messages ever preached...”Sinners in the hands of a angry God” and Hundreds came to know the Lord.
Then we see more recent people.....
1. Bro Larry Hall
2. Bro John Henry Taylor
3. Bro Howard Robinson
4. Your mom
5. Your dad
6. Your Grandmother and Grandfather
7. Brother, Sister, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins.. Etc.
Then we hear a LOUD voice say.........COURT IS NOW IN SESSION!
And the ALMIGHTY, KING OF KINGS, LORD OF LORDS, THE PRINCE OF PEACE, THE JUDGE!!!!!!! GOD THE FATHER steps up to the throne.
All is silent!!!
And the TRIALS begin.
As all the saints of God is setting over to one side,
There is a great line of people......children, moms, dads, grandparents, aunts, uncles
I. THE SETTING-----(vs. 11-12)
A. The Background
1. A Terrible Fact - (The Great White Throne)
a. Men will stand stripped of all their pretenses and will appear as they really are.
2. A Terrible Figure - (Ill. Jesus Himself!)
a. The marks of the cross still visible in His body. The one men have denied, cursed and ridiculed will be the One before whom they will stand! (John 5:22; Rev. 5:6)
3. A Terrible Fellowship - The petty, paltry sinner and the grand and
glorious sinner will stand side by side here at the throne of the Judge. No one will be exempt. From the common drunk to the wicked world leader, every sinner who has ever lived will stand before Jesus!
(Ill. Cain, Hitler, Presidents, Popes, Preachers, Theifs, Murderers, Harlots, Drunkards, Druggies, you name it!)
B. The Books -
1. The Book Of Life Of The Lamb -
a. This book contains the names of every person who has ever trusted Jesus by faith. From the young to the old, from the first to the last. Their names are written here!
2. The Book Of The Lives Of The Lost -
a. This book contains the record of the lives of the lost.