Summary: Fourth in a series of five from Amos; because of his love for us and hate for sin God will judge us.
Judgment in Relation to God
1. God’s judgment brings destruction (7:1-6).
• God may show grace for a time.
• 2 Peter 3:9, God is patient in judgment.
• What would it really take for God to get my attention?
2. God’s judgment results from missing His standard (7:7-9).
• Romans 6:23, the wages of our sin is death.
• Where have I failed to meet God’s standard?
3. God’s judgment is certain for those who know better (7:10-17).
• James 3:1, teachers will be judged more strictly.
• 1 Timothy 3:2, leaders must be above reproach.
• Am I more concerned with my position or God’s message?
4. God’s judgment comes according to His time(8:1-14).
• Based on his standards, God will eventually judge.
• God’s Word, continually rejected, will cease to be revealed. Luke 17:22 John 7:34
• Matthew 13:40-43, sin & evil will be judged in the end.
• Have I rejected God’s Word and can I turn to seek Him again?
5. God’s judgment opposes sinful people (9:1-10).
• God provides grace & hope within judgment.
• Romans 2:5-11, each of us will be judged by what have done.
• Hebrews 9:27-28, Jesus died to save all who will be judged.
• Am I a sinful pretender in danger of judgment?