Summary: God wants you to keep this in your head, (“nothing shall be impossible”) if you believe, and (“all things are possible to them that believe”) if you have faith.
“Just have Faith”
1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. 6 But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
In Mark 4:35-41 Jesus is asleep on a boat with His disciples, a “Great Storm” comes up, and the disciples began to fear for their lives. They awake Jesus, and He rebuke the wind, and claim the storm, then they look at one another, and ask this question, “what manner of man is this”?
So, I ask you that same question this morning, “what manner of man is this?” The disciples ask that same question. Why? Because they didn’t know, they really didn’t know what kind of man Jesus was. They walk with Him for years and still they didn’t know Him. So I ask you this morning, do you know Him, I mean, do you really know Him for yourself. While, just in case you don’t know Him, I think I’ll try to tell you what kind of man He really is. So I ask a few people, and this is what they said to me.
· I asked Mary, mother of Jesus, and she said, we were at a wedding feast, and the wine ran out, and He told the people to fill up every jug and bottle with water, and we saw him turn the water into wine, and they’re still asking, what manner of man is this!
· Then I saw a Woman at the wale, and she said, I stop by here to get some water, and a man was there, and told me all about myself, and I’m still asking, what manner of man is this!
· Then I saw this woman that was bleeding for 12 long years, and she said, I knew if I could just but touch the hem of His garment, I would be made whole, and she’s still asking, what manner of man is this.
· Then I asked the 3 Hebrew boys, and they said, while we would not bow down to their king, so he through us in this fiery furnace, and Jesus showed up, and took the heat out of the fire, and we’re shall asking each other, what manner of man is this.
· Then I asked a blind man that sat on the side of the road, name Bartimeus, and he said, all I know is, I once was blind but now I can see, and I’m still asking, what manner of man is this!
· Then I asked this Centaury Soldier, who had a servant that was sick unto death, and he said, I visit Jesus and ask him to heal my servant, and he spoke some words and told me to go home, and when I got there, my servant was healed, and I’m still asking, what manner of man is this!
· Then I looked at myself in a mirror, and saw a low down, no good, drug smoking, alcoholic drinking person, who God picked-up, cleaned-up, and made me a servant for Himself, and I’m still asking, what manner of man is this! Well, I’m glad you asked.
1st He’s a man of Great Faith
· This man called Jesus, who went around, healing those who needed healing.
· This man called Jesus, who did nothing more than what His Father excepted Him to do.
· This man called Jesus, who defies the logic of this world by walking on water like it was a side walk.
Isn’t that like Jesus, the very thing that was threatening to destroy the disciples, He was using as a sidewalk to save them. And I’m saying to those of you who are here this morning, the very storm that you are going through, He’s going to use it to bring you the answer.
· This man lived life by faith, and believed every word of God.
· This man who raised Lazarus from the dead by saying “Lazarus come forth”.
· This Rabbi of God, this Lion of Judah, this Bright and Morning Star, this Bread of Life, this Alpha and Omega, who walked out of a borrowed grave, and on the 3rd day rose, just like He said He would. He did all of that, because of His Faith in God. And,
Because of His faith, He was not limited in His birth, or His death or His resurrection.
Because of His faith, Rome could not condemn Him.
Because of His faith, the Cross could not conquer Him.
Because of His faith, the Grave could not contain Him.
Because of His faith, Pharisees and Sadducees could not deceive Him.