Summary: Using Paul’s design to victory through overcoming the desire of the flesh.
Scripture: Galatians 5:24
Title: “Justifiable Homicide”
Introduction: This portion of Scripture demands explaining. This verse could be, at the very least, perplexing without an explanation.
“THOSE WHO BELONG TO CHRIST” – What does this mean?
· The Church has been bought with the blood of Jesus Christ, “ . . . the church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.” Acts 20:28
· In Ephesians 1:14 we are called God’s “purchased possession”
· “You are not your own, For ye are bought with a price: therefore glorify God in your body, and in your spirit, which are God’s.” 1 Cor. 6:19 – 20
“HAVE CRUCIFIED THE FLESH” (with the affections and lusts) – What does this mean?
· Those who belong to Christ Jesus have nailed the passions and desires of their sinful nature to his cross and crucified them there.
· Christians must control themselves!
· Whether you want to accept it or not you are in control of your actions.
· So, control yourself!
· Control what you read.
· Control what you look at.
· Control what you say.
· Control how you live.
“CHRISTIANS IN CONTROL” (Page 2)
· Oops, I didn’t mean to do that!
· “This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.” Gal. 5:16
· Life is full of choices.
· We choose how we live our life based on the impressions/temptations that come to us.
· Jesus Himself had to make a choice when He was facing the cross, “Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done.” Luke 22:42
· “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve;” Jos. 24:15
· We must put to death the “works of the flesh.” (Gal. 5:19,20,21)
· “When you follow the desires of your sinful nature, your lives will produce these evil results:
- sexual immorality,
- impure thoughts,
- eagerness for lustful pleasure,
- participation in demonic activities - hostility,
- outbursts of anger,
- selfish ambition,
- the feeling that everyone is wrong except those in your own little group,
- wild parties,
- and other kinds of sin.
- Let me tell you again, as I have before, that anyone living that sort of life will not inherit the Kingdom of God.”
· Homicide that is committed in self-defense. – If we don’t defend ourselves against the temptations of the flesh we will perish.
· Homicide committed in defense of another and esp. a member of one’s family or sometimes in defense of a residence.
· Homicide committed in preventing a felony especially involving great bodily harm, or in performing a legal duty and that is justified under the law with no criminal punishment imposed.
If we don’t take control over the FLESH we will not go to heaven!
NO ONE EVER ACCIDENTLY WENT TO THE CROSS, IT WAS ALWAYS ON PURPOSE!
Make a righteous decision to NAIL your WRONG desires to the CROSS of Death!
Cut off the lift to those WRONG ATTITUDES in your life. (We all have them!)
IT’S YOUR DECISION!
· A Christian has in a package the gifts of the Spirit, but they have to be used.