Summary: The Bible commands us to ..be filled with The Spirit. This is not a command of a one time experience, but a continued filling, influencing every aspect of our lives including transformed relationships, dynamic ministry and enhanced worship.
LIVING A SPIRIT DRIVEN LIFE
“KEEPING YOUR TANK FULL”
INTRO:How many of you like going to the Gas pumps now of days!
It is crazy to think how much money we are paying for a gallon of gas, and they say that the end is not in sight. In Northern California, here in Quincy, We are paying on an average the highest amount in the Nation. $2.50 a gallon.
But here is the kicker- We will pay for it, we will pay the price, any price, because we like not having to walk, we like our cars, we like the power we have when we are in them.
Some may choose to drive less, or even carpool now and then, but for the most part, nobody is going to give up their cars.
It is funny, that in the physical world, we will do anything, pay any price for the fuel to give our vehicles power. Most of us will not even let our tanks go much below a quarter of a tank before we are right in that station filling back up again.
What about your “Spiritual Tank”?
How long do you go before you fill that tank up with fuel and power?
Do you feel this morning you are riding on Fumes???
Is your tank DRY?
Just like the fuel for your car, we are dependent on it and get it from a King from the Middle East-
The Middle Eastern King we get our fuel, our Anointed Oil from, Is Jesus Christ-
And Jesus, our King does not charge $45.00 a barrel for his Oil-
It is a FREE gift- Not just a one time gift, but a gift that we can go back and get more and more and more…
Last week we uncovered the promise of God that he would “Pour out His Spirit in the last days”. We also learned that God did this on the Day of Pentecost in Acts 2.
Two things happened:
1. God GAVE (Poured out His Spirit) to the Church- By evidence of two of three witnesses, Fire and Wind- the third witness of the Holy Spirit is Oil.
2. The 120 in the upper room RECEIVED the Holy Spirit.
I know a lot of believers Pray for God to send His Holy Spirit to His church, I myself may have even been guilty of this in the past, however, we need to understand the truth, or the matter, and that is that God has already given His Spirit to the Church, our prayers should be more in line of…God help us live in the Spirit, walk in the Spirit, and cultivate fruits in the Spirit.
All over the World, believers are receiving the Gift of being filled with the Holy Ghost- .
· The Pentecostal, Spirit Filled church in Latin America is growing so fast, that they can not train pastors fast enough.- Missionary Jerry Brown
· The Largest Protestant church in the world is a Spirit Filled Pentecostal Church- Soul Korea
· Lives are being changed in Cuba today- Castro has now allowed the doors of churches to be reopened, however, the stipulation is that they have to be Spirit Filled Pentecostal Churches- James Braddy
· The new numbers come from the 2004 Yearbook of American and Canadian Churches, published recently by the National Council of Churches. The Pentecostal bodies in the top 25 are newcomer the Church of God (Cleveland, Tenn.), with 944,857 members (25th); the Church of God in Christ, with 5,499,875 members (4th); the Assemblies of God, with 2,687,366 (10th); and the Pentecostal Assemblies of the World Inc., with 1,500,000 (tie 16th).
God’s Gift to the Church is being received by his people- You today may even remember the time that you received the Gift from the father- But here is my Question:
Hove you received lately?
When was the last time you were filled?
How well is your life in producing “Fruits” of this gift.
ILLUS: The great violinist, Nicolo Paganini, willed his marvelous violin to Genoa -- the city of his birth -- but only on condition that the instrument never be played upon. It was an unfortunate condition, for it is a peculiarity of wood that as long as it is used and handled, it shows little wear. As soon as it is discarded, it begins to decay. The exquisite, mellow-toned violin has become worm-eaten in its beautiful case, valueless except as a relic. The moldering instrument is a reminder that a life withdrawn from all service to others loses its meaning.
Bits & Pieces, June 25, 1992.
PROP.SENT: The Bible commands us to ..be filled with The Spirit. This is not a command of a one time experience, but a continued filling, influencing every aspect of our lives including transformed relationships, dynamic ministry and enhanced worship, which includes a personal prayer language.