Summary: We are called to reach out to the lost. Belonging to Jesus should motivate us to see others belong to Him also.
• SLIDE #1
• When we accept Jesus as our Lord and Savior, our lives should change; people should be able to see a difference in our lives.
• The church is called to reach out to lost people so that we can win them to Jesus. Once we immerse them into the kingdom of God, we are to take those new converts and make disciples out of them. This is the mission of the church. We may do other things, but they must all lead back to this prime objective.
• Do we meet this objective by accident? Does God just send a few people a year to us or is there more that needs to happen as we try to reach out to the lost?
• Today we are as we continue in the book of 1 Thessalonians; we are going to see what made the church at Thessalonica successful in their quest to impact the world around them for Jesus.
• Last week we started by seeing that in order for us to be successful in impacting the world for Jesus, we first had to let Jesus impact each one of us in a way that others will see the difference Jesus makes in our lives.
• Remember, the whole subject of the book of 1 Thessalonians can be summed up in the statement, “How Now Shall We Live?” What are we to do with ourselves as we await the return of our Lord Jesus?
• When the church stops evangelizing or spreading the good news about Jesus Christ to the world, the church will die, not only that, but the church would be condemning all within her sphere of influence to a sentence of eternal punishment.
• Our success or failure will have eternal consequences on many people!
• SLIDE #2
• 1 Thessalonians 1:5 (quickview)  ( ESV ) 5because our gospel came to you not only in word, but also in power and in the Holy Spirit and with full conviction. You know what kind of men we proved to be among you for your sake.
• For the Church of Jesus Christ to make a difference in the lives of other people and in the world around us, we must possess these keys.
• SLIDE #3
The first key to effective evangelism is:
I. RECEIVE THE WORD verse 5.
• This is like you are what you eat.
• SLIDE #4
A. What are we receiving? This may sound a bit trivial, but it is important for us to consider.
• We are receiving the very Word of God!
• We can know that we are one of the elect by the fact that we were won to Jesus by the right message.
• This puts a big responsibility on the one who shares the Gospel to make sure it is indeed the gospel that they are giving to people.
• We do not want to use some gimmick to win people, we have to win them to Jesus with God’s word. We can use a variety of techniques to get people to come, but we must ultimately win them with the Gospel.
• SLIDE #5
• SLIDE #6
• 1 Corinthians 15:1-2 (quickview)  ( ESV ) 1Now I would remind you, brothers,£ of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, 2and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you—unless you believed in vain.