Summary: Every one who expects to receive happiness is obligated to give happiness. You cannot expect to receive a crop unless you have sown a seed first
Keys to Raising Funds
Have you ever wondered where you can find guidelines for fund raising? They are found in 2 Cor. 8:4-22.
Quote:It is not necessary to know everything, but one should know almost all the important things about a subject they wish to enjoy success.
Quote: It is more blessed to give than to receive - something often quoted but infrequently practiced.
Quote: From the amount that some people give to the Lord, they must be positive that it is the little things that count.
Quote: We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Principles of Fund Raising:
1. PROVIDE KEY INFORMATION (2 Cor 8:4) - They begged us again and again for the gracious privilege of sharing in the gift for the Christians in Jerusalem. Be specific about what it is you want people to give toward. Do not dabble in generalities.
2. DELINEATE A DEFINITE PURPOSE (2 Cor 8:4) - Describe the expected outcome of peoples’ giving. People are more apt to give to a specific project than something that is filled ambiguities.
3. IDENTIFY READINESS AND WILLINGESS - (2 Cor 9:7) "You must each make up your own mind as to how much you should give. Do not give reluctantly or in response to pressure. For God loves a cheerful giver.
4. GIVE OUT OF COMMITMENT TO GOD (2 Cor 8:5) Best of all they went beyond our highest hopes. For their first action was to dedicate themselves to the Lord and to us for whatever directions God might give them. Ask the Lord to help people know that they squared away with their godly priorities.
5. ENCOURAGE PEOPLE TO EXCEL IN ALL ASPECTS OF MINISTRY - (2 Cor 8:7) "Since you excel in so many ways - you have so much faith, such gifted speakers, such knowledge, such enthusiasm and such love for us - how I want you to excel also in this gracious ministry of giving." Be positive in affirming people so they can mature in all aspects in Christ. Help people give so that their investments will align with the maximization of the will of God according to God’s greatest glory, to foster the greater obedience to the command to love Him with all our heart and to help fulfill the great commission of Matt. 28:18-20.
6. BE ENTHUSIASTIC - (2 Cor 8:11) "Now you should carry this project through to completion just as enthusiastically as you began it. Give whatever you can according to what you have." Be exuberant about the opportunities people have to invest in Christ’s kingdom that will last for eternity.
7. BE PERSISTENT (2 Cor 8:2)"Though they have been going through much trouble and hard times, their wonderful joy and deep poverty have overflowed with rich generosity. For I testify that they gave not only what they could afford but far more. And they did it out of their own free will." Affirm people who are perserving and do not give in to donor fatigue.
8. HONESTY AND INTEGRITY - (2 Cor 8:21) "We are careful to be honorable before the Lord, but we also want everyone else to konw we are honorable." Be honest, upright and transparent in all your record keeping and reports.