I. God's Provisions v. 40
"chose him five smooth stones out of the brook"
* The provisions of God are always there when we need them.
* The Bible tells us that he knows "what we have need of before we ask."
* The provisions were going to be more than enough, "five smooth stones."
* He would be able to kill more than one giant in his life.
II. God's Privilege v. 45
"I come to thee in the name of the Lord of hosts"
* Jesus said that we would be able to ask in his name.
* We have been given privilege to use the name of God when we have a giant coming up against us.
III. God's Presence v. 46
"This day will the Lord deliver thee into mine hand"
* The only way possible for God to deliver the giant into the hand of David would be for the
presence of God to be there with him.
* God has told us that He would "never leave us or forsake us", so that let's us know that He will be present with us when going up against a giant.
IV. God's Power v. 49
"the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth."
* A young lad most likely would not have the strength to hit a giant with such power, but being anointed of God and with the power of God working on his behalf the giant in his couldn't do anything but go down.