Summary: Jude wants to clear the air – help us understand the truth about “what it means to be a Christian”.
Knowing God’s Blessings
PROPOSITION: Because you receive rich blessings in Christ, you must be faithful to God’s calling.
I. Know your true position – being a servant. v. 1a
Jude, the servant of Jesus Christ,
A. Being committed to Christ’s lordship.
1. Jude was a servant to Jesus Christ.
2. Many are a servant to sin.
B. Being committed to Christian humility.
and brother of James,
1. He chose to humbly identify himself.
2. He could have highly exalted himself.
II. Rest in your true security – it is God. v. 1b
to them that are sanctified by God the Father, and preserved in Jesus Christ, and called.
A. God called you!
B. God loves you!
1. He pours out His love on you.
2. He pours out His love through His actions.
C. God keeps you!
1. He is preserved “in God the Father”.
2. He is preserved “for Christ”.
III. Practice your true vocation -- being Christ-like. v. 2
Mercy unto you, and peace, and love, be multiplied.
A. God gives a full measure of mercy.
1. His people obtain His mercy.
2. His people show mercy to others.
B. God gives a full measure of peace.
1. His people live in harmony with Him.
2. His people live in harmony with others.
C. God gives a full measure of love.
1. His people our loved by Him.
2. His people love others.