Summary: HOW TO KNOW THE WILL OF GOD IN OUR LIVES
KNOWING THE WILL OF GOD
"2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will."
I. IS GOD CONCERN FOR OUR DAILY LIVING?
1. He was there before we were formed
1) Ps 139:116 “16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
2. He looks after our daily need
1) Mat 6:25,26 “25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? 26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?
3. He knows how many hairs we have in our head
1) Mat 10:30 “30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.
II. CAN WE KNOW HIS WILL FOR OUR LIVES?
1. Will - used to express desire, choice, willingness, consent
1) It can be known
(1) Rom. 2:18 “18 if you know his will and approve of what is superior because you are instructed by the law;
(1) Rom 12:2 “2 Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.
(1) Mat 6:10 “10 your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
III. IS GOD THERE FOR US?
1. He can open doors for us
1) Rom 1:10 “10 in my prayers at all times; and I pray that now at last by God’s will the way may be opened for me to come to you.
2. He can direct our paths
1) Ps 16:11 “11 You have made known to me the path of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence, with eternal pleasures at your right hand.
3. He can direct us to the spouse we need
1) 2 Cor 6:14 “14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness?
2) Gn 24:12-1412 Then he prayed, “O LORD, God of my master Abraham, give me success today, and show kindness to my master Abraham. 13 See, I am standing beside this spring, and the daughters of the townspeople are coming out to draw water. 14 May it be that when I say to a girl, ‘Please let down your jar that I may have a drink,’ and she says, ‘Drink, and I’ll water your camels too’—let her be the one you have chosen for your servant Isaac. By this I will know that you have shown kindness to my master.”
4. He can give us wisdom to be successful and prosperous
1) G 8:17,18 ‘17 You may say to yourself, “My power and the strength of my hands have produced this wealth for me.” 18 But remember the LORD your God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth, and so confirms his covenant, which he swore to your forefathers, as it is today.