Summary: Pitfalls in leadership.
By Pastor Fernando Cabrera
1. Inadequacy (Mark 4:30-32)
a. Your assignment from God in the vision may make you feel fearful or inadequate
i. “For who has despised the day of small things?” (Zechariah 4:10)
ii. Little is much when God is in it.
1. We feel inadequate when our work seems insignificant
2. You must realize that your assignment is bigger than you
a. You need to stay in your knees
b. You assignment from God always reveal the weakest part of you
i. “then said I , Ah, Lord God! Behold, I cannot speak: for I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child. But the Lord said unto me, Say not, I am a child: for thou shall go to al that I shall send thee, and whatsoever I command thee thou shall speak. Be not afraid of their faces: for I am with you to deliver you, saith the Lord” (Jer. 1:6-8)
c. You assignment will require a qualifying process
i. God will qualify you for your assignment
1. “And Moses said unto the Lord,, O my Lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since Thou has spoken unto Thy servant: but I am slow of speech, and of a slow tongue” (Ex. 4:10).
2. God answer him “Now therefore go, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shall say” (Exodus 4:11, 12)
a. God is aware of your limitation and inferiority, but he says “But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you” (John 14:26)
2. Impatience (Mark 4)
a. Don’t be discouraged if the harvest seems small at first
i. In due season God will cause the growth (Mark 4:27)
1. Why? It is inevitable that the kingdom of God will grow
2. just keep on sowing and your will keep on growing
a. some people throw a few seeds and get no immediate results, automatically grow impatient and give up too soon.
b. Waiting time is not waisted time
i. “But let patience have her perfect work, that you may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing” (James 1:4)
b. You can always tell an impatient person by their excuses they make for lack of increase, rather than continuing to speak,work and pray until the blessing of multiplication from God shows up
i. Guard your heart
a. Unconfessed sin
b. Proverbs 22:8 “He who sows iniquity will reap vanity” Vanity is “puff”
a. Luke 6:22 “Blessed are you when men hate you, and ostracize you, and insult you, and scorn your name as evil, for the sake of the Son of Man. Be glad in that day and leap for joy, for behold, your reward is great in heaven. For in the same way their fathers used to treat the prophets”
i. Your assignment will always be to someone with a problem
ii. THE ENEMY HAS ASSIGNED PEOPLE TO DERAIL YOU FROM YOUR ASSIGNMENT