Summary: GOD HAS CALLED ALL OF HIS PEOPLE IN SOME TYPE OF LEADERSHIP. OUR LIVES AWAYS CAUSE AN EFFECT ON SOMEONE ELSE. Give me a hundred men who fear nothing but sin, and desire nothing but God, and I will shake the world. I care not a straw whether they be cler
LEADERSHIP AND SERVANT LEADERSHIP May 20, 2006
I. LACK OF LEADERSHIP IN THE CHURCH AND IN ALL AREAS OF THE WORLD.
A. What is a leader?
1. Has followers.
B. Titles and position does not make a leader.
C. A leader touches everyone by his or her actions.
D. We are influenced by the actions of those around us.
E. We must touch those whom God has put in our area of influence. (Acts 1:8 KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
II. YOU ARE A LEADER!
A. You are the salt of the earth. Salt make zest, thirst, and stops decay. .
(Mat 5:13 KJV) Ye are the salt of the earth: but if the salt have lost his savour, wherewith shall it be salted? it is thenceforth good for nothing, but to be cast out, and to be trodden under foot of men.
B. Your are the light.
Mat 5:14 Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
III. GOD WANTS YOU TO BE A SERVANT LEADER.
(Mat 23:11 KJV) But he that is greatest among you shall be your servant.
Luke 22:26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
A. Rom 1:1 Paul, a servant of Jesus Christ, called to be an apostle, separated unto the gospel of God, Rom 1:6 Among whom are ye also the called of Jesus Christ:
4. I BELONG TO JESUS, HE CALLED ME!
IV. GOD HAS CALLED YOU TO BE A SERVANT LEADER!
A, We gave been given this position. 2 Cor 5:20 Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ’s stead, be ye reconciled to God.
1. We are ambassadors.
2. Or authority is in heaven seated with Christ. (Eph 1:3 KJV) Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ: Eph 1:20) Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Eph 2:6 And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:
3. It is not what you say, but what you do. Luke 10:19.
a. Everything you do, do it for Jesus.
1. A hospital visitor saw a nurse tending to the sores of a leprosy patient, and said, "I’d never do that for a million dollars!" The nurse answered, "Neither would I. But I do it for Jesus for nothing
b. Put your heart into it.
c. Do not judge people by the way they look.
1. Be Christ like. Jesus looks at the heart.
V. Empowered Leader.
(Acts 1:8 KJV) But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
A. Without the Holy Spirit everything we do is just a form, we just go through the motions.
B. What we do as a servant leader, we allowed the Holy Spirit to work through us. John 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment: John 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me; John 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more; John 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now. John 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will show you things to come.
2. Guide you into all truth.
3. He shall speak.
4. Show us things to come.
a. Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
VI. The four works of the Holy Spirit in your lives.
A. Personal, (Person of Christ) 1 John 4:4
1. He lives with in us Gal 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, (Gal 5:23 KJV) Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.