Summary: Taking about becoming a leader for Christ in the darkest places.
I Peter was written around 63-64ad to the churches that were all around middle east the churches where being persecuted by death prison stoning. The purpose of Peters letter was to remind the people that they belong to God that we belong to Him, he loves us and is still there for us even through the suffering. I Peter pulled their attention off the suffering and put it in the savior.
In 68ad Peter and Paul lost their lives after Emperor Nero had them both beheaded because of their faith.
What problems are in your life? What are you suffering through? Family, school, money, emotional. This morning take your attention off problems and suffering and let it all rest in the savior Jesus Christ.
Leadership That Lights up the World
The president of the united states elects the people he wants to help him lead the nation. He has chosen choice men to help him in his vision.
What do you think of when I say these names?
· Abraham Lincoln- leader for the US,
· Bill Clinton- leader for the US, well I will just say I typed his name in on the wed and these where some of the tiles “Accused Rapist Bill Clinton”, “Bill Clinton’s treason and many impeachable scandals”, Clinton will be remember for the things he did as president and his lack of integrity will be tagged along with it.
· Michael Jordan- Leader for basketball is a good ball player because of how he plays. “I’ve never been a vocal leader. I lead with my play. My play does all my talking. I go out every night and play like I’m playing the last game.” Jordan
Michael Jordan is the greatest athlete in basketball history. During his brilliant career, Jordan won 6 NBA Championships, earned 5 MVP awards and was selected to 12 All-Star games. Michael’s talent and personality transcended into the very lives of his fans. He single-handedly paved the way for off-the-court athlete-endorsements - a billion dollar industry today!
NBA world champion: 91,92,93,96,97,98
Rookie of the year: 85
All NBA first team: 87, 88, 89, 90,91,92,93,96,97,98
Nba finals mvp: 91,92,93,96,97,98
Nba slam dunk chap: 87,88
And this is why.
· Adolf Hitler- leader of the Germen army who killed millions of Jews in world war II. According to Norman Cousins, Hitler wrote a book called Mein Kampf, and for every word wrote 125 people lost their lives. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” Prov.18:21
· What did these name bring to your mind?
I. Elected to office of light
Nations- The latin root of nation means “birth,” so nation suggests people with some blood linkage. The blood of Christ is the blood linkage of our holy nations
God has elected/ chosen each to be leaders in this world of darkness, God wants you to be apart of His perfect family not that He needs you he wants you. To lead with our lights full blast so that his light in us will overcome the darkness because light and darkness cannot occupy the same space. God makes us a nation and he puts us together to make an army for the spiritual battles between darkness and light.
II. Keeping the light on/ persevere
o Abraham Lincoln persevere, He failed in businessin31 he was defeated for state legislation in 32 he tried another business in 33 it failed, his fiancée died in 35, he had a nervous breakdown in 36. In 43 he ran for congress and was defeated, he tried again in 48 and was defeated again, he tried running for the senate in 5. he lost. The next year he ran for vice president and lost. In 59 he ran for the senate again and was defeated.
· In 1860, the man who signed his name A. Lincoln was elected the 16th President of the United States.
· And then he lead the nation to the abolishment of slavery
· Preserver by standing on the Word of God.
Press on. Don’t get mad at God bring it to Him rest and
The Word- Romans 13:12 “So let us put aside the deeds of darkness and put on the armor of light.”
How do we keep our lights on in the middle of a spiritual battle of darkness?
III. Serving your term
Look at some of theses leaders and what they were known for. What did they do with their time as president or as a leader. What will they be know for? What will you be know for? When you leave the school year some will go into jr. some sr. high. What will your school or your term be know for? What will come into peoples minds when they here your name?