Summary: Prayer is a Relationship With God
6. Intercession for Israel and Jerusalem. “Pray for the peace of Jerusalem” (Psalm 122:6).
a. For your blessing, “And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed” (Gen. 12:3).
b. For their salvation, “And so all Israel shall be saved” (Rom. 11:26).
Why God Loves Israel
How odd of God to choose the Jews
And use that race to show His grace.
But odder still His plan to see
To use the likes of you and me.
So here’s the truth, it’s not a rumor
Our God does have a sense of humor!
7. Silent Prayer. “And when I saw him, I fell at his feet as dead” (Rev. 1:17).
Why Silent Prayer?
1. Our words are not worthy to talk to God.
2.We don’t know what to say.
3. Gives us time to think and meditate.
4. We communicate our feelings without words.
5. God knows our thoughts (Matt. 6:8).
8. First Prayers in Heaven, i.e., worship prayer.
a. Initial View of four beasts/angels. “They rest not day and night, saying, Holy, holy, holy, Lord God Almighty, which was, and is, and is to come” (Rev. 4:8). Worship is giving the worthship to God that belongs to Him. (Old Scottish word).
b. Second, worship the Creator. “Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created” (Rev. 4:11).
c. Third, worship the Redeemer. “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation” (Rev. 5:9).
d. Fourth, worship the Worthy One. “And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth forever and ever” (Rev. 5:14).
1. You will never finish praying, because prayer is a relationship with God, and it is talking to God.
2. You will pray before, during, and after the rapture, and then pray throughout eternity. Different kinds of prayer for different purposes.
3. If you don’t pray here, or can’t continue to pray, you may not be going to heaven.
If you have never really accepted Jesus as your personal Savior, would you do it right now? Do not delay or put it off. If you would like to receive Christ by faith, pray this simple prayer in your heart:
I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I believe Jesus died for my sins on the cross, and rose again the third day. I repent of my sins. By faith I receive the Lord Jesus as my Savior. You promised to save me, and I believe You, because You are God and cannot lie. I believe right now that the Lord Jesus is my personal Savior, and that all my sins are forgiven through His precious blood. I thank You, dear Lord, for saving me. In Jesus’ name, Amen.
If you prayed that prayer, God heard you and saved you. I personally want to welcome you to the family of God and rejoice with you.
For more information on the TRBC Pastor’s Bible Class, log on to the Internet www.itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/dr-elmer-towns .