Summary: Stephen was full of faith. All areas of Stephen’s life were influenced by his belief in God and His promises. When a person is full of faith it indicates that they have allowed the mind of Christ to control the emotional, financial, moral, interpersonal a
Stephen was full of faith. All areas of Stephen’s life were influenced by his belief in God and His promises. When a person is full of faith it indicates that they have allowed the mind of Christ to control the emotional, financial, moral, interpersonal and spiritual aspects of their lifestyle.
People spoke well of Stephen because He was first full of the Spirit. In order to be a person of faith one has to allow the Spirit of God to control every aspect of their schedule, their relationships and their decisions. Stephen qualified as a person full of full because he was wholly committed to trust the Lord in good time as well as in life threatening pressures.
2. Stephen’s faith was characterized as being full of wisdom. Many people assume that believers are na•ve or out of touch with reality. Stephen braved the taunts of the Jews who accused him of speaking blasphemously against God.
These false accusations must have caused many to give into the pressures to follow Christ fully, but not Stephen. The Jews even induced men to falsely accuse Stephen of blasphemy and speaking words against Moses and God.
Application: When people try to provoke you remember that Stephen’s wisdom allowed him to rise above the criticism to a plane that was the path to Godliness.
3. Stephen’s faith was confirmed by Godly elders who testified to his usefulness to God and to the church. When a person pleases the Lord their upright lifestyle will be confirmed by Godly leaders as those who are led by the Spirit’s discernment. Trust the Lord to help you be confirmed by Godly leaders as you abide in Him in all aspects of your life and relationships.
4. Stephen’s faith allowed him to occupy a position of prominence, power and influence. When a person has all "cylinders" empowered by faith in Godâs word, they will be promoted to places where they can have greater eternal influence.
Application: Trust the Lord to let your character, ministry and lifestyle propel you to position of great influence for the Lord without feeling like you have to use deceptive politics.
5. Stephen’s faith overcame all kinds of obstacles like his foreign descent and education to accomplish Godâs greater purposes. Thanks to Stephenâs background he was able to the Hellenistic Jews. He used these freedoms to abrogate the Mosaic restrictions in advancing the kingdom’s purposes. Stephen was not as tied to the rituals of the Jewish Christians who feared change.
Application: Allow the Lord to help you appropriate all aspects of your heritage to catalyze others for Jesus Christ. Do not allow the old traditions to chain you in to inaction because of fear of change.
6. Stephen’s faith gave him supernatural reasoning abilities that were indisputable. The opponents of Stephen could not contend with his Spirit led logic so they had him stoned. We must be willing to die for what we believe. God used Stephen more through his death because He is able to work all things together for good according to His Romans 8:28,29 promises.
7. Stephen’s faith allowed him to stand serene, collected and undismayed even when he was being stoned. The Spirit of God gives supernatural peace, calm and poise to people full of faith.
Application: Ask the Lord to give you the ability to remain calm and composed even when you are being pressured emotionally, socially, financially, morally, physically, interpersonally or spiritually. God will give great grace.