Summary: There are Well Poisoner, Grass Cutters, and Dream Builders. Which one are you?
1. If you have ever visited the Epcot Center in Orlando, Florida, then you probably found it to be interesting, informative, and entertaining.
a. The research, time and money that went into a place such as this are mind-boggling.
b. When the Epcot Center was dedicated, Eric Severid (CBS News Commentator) was invited to be the main speaker for the ceremony.
c. Naturally, he spent a great deal of time praising Walt Disney for his genius and accomplishment.
2. This morning I want to use a point he made in that dedication speech, which has a lot of application to the church as well.
a. The speaker stated there are three types of people who make up the world:
There are Well Poisoner, Grass Cutters, and Dream Builders.
b. He said that neither the Well Poisoner, nor the Grass Cutter could never accomplish such an accomplishment as The Epcot Center.
c. It took a Dream Builder to accomplish an enormous task such as this.
3. I’m not going spend much time on the Epcot Center or Disney World, however I would like to deal with the points made in that dedication speech.
4. I want to look at each category of people, and I want to challenge you today to commit yourself to being a Dream Builder.
And in order to be a Dream Builder;
You have to have goals,
You have to have purpose,
You have to have a vision.
Jesus said to them, "My food is to do the will of Him who sent Me, and to finish His work.
35Do you not say, ’There are still four months and then comes the harvest’?
Behold, I say to you, lift up your eyes and look at the fields, for they are already white for harvest! John 4:34-35
I. First, Some People Are Well Poisoner.
A. A Well Poisoner is someone who is just trying to cause trouble, or a person who just naturally causes trouble.
B. Do you remember a several years ago when someone poisoned Tylenol capsules?
1. That scared the entire country, and I am sure that you probably didn’t want to take Tylenol until you felt it was safe.
2. Many people went around with headaches because they were afraid to take any medication for the headache.
3. Why would anyone want to place poison in Tylenol capsules?
4. There wasn’t anyone in particular they were trying to kill, they just wanted to cause trouble.
5. They could be placed in the category of a Well Poisoner, they just wanted to cause trouble.
C. There was a Well Poisoner in the Garden of Eden.
1. God made mankind placed Adam and Eve in this beautiful paradise with everything he needed for joy and happiness.
2. God told Adam and Eve that he was not to eat of the tree of knowledge.
3. But, behold, a Well Poisoner appeared on the scene and brought mankind into a state of disobedience (Genesis 3:1-6).
Now the serpent was more crafty than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made.
And he said to the woman, "Indeed, has God said, ’You shall not eat from any tree of the garden’?"
2The woman said to the serpent, "From the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat;
3but from the fruit of the tree which is in the middle of the garden, God has said, ’You shall not eat from it or touch it, or you will die.’ "