Summary: An outline on the four compromise that Satan seek to make a deal with you.
Let’s Make a Deal
by Dr. Fernando Cabrera
1. First compromise: Don’t leave, but do you thing here in Egypt (Exodus 8:25-32)
a. Land represents territory and domain
i. The Devil wants you in his territory so he may have domain over you
1. How? INFLUENCE
ii. As long as he had them in Egypt, they would not taste of the Promise Land
1. You can’t miss what you never had
2. Captivity occurs when the enemy holds your attention captive
a. Adaptation leads to accommodation
b. Accommodation leads to more adaptation
i. Egypt represents Wordly Dependance outside of God’s Sufficiency
b. Land represents a realm of authority
i. When you enter someone’s country, you are under their authority and domain
ii. You may have authority in this land, but does not mean that you will have authority in another land
1. Our realm is the realm of the Spirit of God
2. The enemy still thinks that he is your LANDLORD AND THAT YOU ARE HIS TENANT
a. He still wants to charge you rent
i. As long as you are under his domain, he is going to charge you very high prices
ii. When you have a lease, you must pay until the lease is up, otherwise you must pay the remainder of the balance
1. You had a lease and contract with the Devil the day you sin
2. It was a lifelong contract with a payment so high that you could not pay
3. Christ pay off and pay up your debt at the cross
b. You now have a different landlord
i. New lease that never runs out on you
ii. New lease that is pay up forever
iii. New lease with all of the furniture included!
iii. Satan has not forgotten you, he wants to re-enslaved you
1. SATAN DOES NOT MIND YOU WORSHIPPING AS LONG AS YOU REMAIN ENSLAVED
2. STORY: nail in the house
c. How did Moses handle this compromise?
i. He fought a promise with a better promise – a word from the Lord (v. 27)
2. Second Compromise: Don’t go very far (Exodus 8:28-32)
a. The enemy don’t want you to go all the way – OBEDIENCE
i. Why? Because obedience brings triumph and freedom
3. Third Compromise: Don’t take your family with you (Exodus 10:7-11)
a. The tribe of Levi was a tribe in which every member of the family was born into holiness and set apart unto God.
i. God had intended for the whole nation of Israel to be a priestly nation, but because of rebellion, only the tribe of Levi was given that privilege
ii. Because of the obedience of Jesus, we are all priest in the Lord
iii. In a priestly family, every member is set apart unto the ministry.
1. God wants your family to be a priestly family, unified and dedicated to the purposes of God
2. Satan loves to divide your family’s commitment, vision, and focus
iv. You cannot be satisfied with being the only person in your family who is in ministry.
1. You cannot rest until Satan gives up all your family and they are all involved in the vision
b. God’s intention is to bless your family (Gen. 12:3)“All the families of the earth will be blessed through you” (Gen. 12:3)
i. There is not one family on earth that God does not want to reach
1. Our families are the means through which God will multiply His kingdom worldwide.
2. That is why the devil seeks to break and divide our families
a. That’s why some of you have been having big time fights and arguments and don’t know where it is coming from.
ii. Satan was saying, “Don’t take a Stand in the gap for your family”
b. Examples of those who stood in the gap for their families in the bible
i. It was Moses who prayed for Miriam when she rebelled and was curse with leprosy (Num. 12:13)
ii. Noah’s family found favor with the Lord, because Noah stood in the gap
1. The same command was given to Noah, that he did with Adam and Abram: “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth” (Gen. 9:1)
2. Noah brought his ENTIRE FAMILY into the ark
3. His three sons and their wives were all rescued from judgment
4. They all worked on the vision of building the ark
5. Through them a new generation was founded on the earth
6. God is looking for people who will dedicate their families to be holy unto God
iii. The Lord wanted to give Abraham a chance to pray for his nephew Lot
1. God would not destroy the city of Sodom until Abraham had a chance to pray and intercede
2. The angels literally grab the hands of Lot and his family