Summary: How Satan Pulls Us In. How we end up following the wrong gods home. Wrong places, wrong choices, wrong desires.
1 Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the Lord God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2 And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden:
3 But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4 And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:
5 For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
8 And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden.
How Did Eve End Up in Sin?
• Where was Eve when the story started? She was in the Garden. But WHAT was she doing over by the forbidden tree? What was Eve doing in the wrong part of town? Why was she over by wht was forbidden her in the first place?
• Why was she listening to the enemy’s talk? We get seduced listening to the wrong voices and being drawn slowly into the enemy’s snares, don’t we?
Let’s Talk About Adam
• You know what, Adam fell to peer pressure as most of us have at some point
• You know what – and this is for you single people - T¬¬he RIGHT partner won’t lead you the WRONG WAY! The RIGHT PARTNER won’t encourage you TO SIN, can I just tell you that?
- I met my husband when he was 20. I was 15, but passed for 19 or 20 all the time. I could go into bars uncarded, and did with him. Rick was an adult, he wanted a wife. But he fell in love with me. We got married. He wanted a wife, but he married a child. I didn’t know how to cook, I didn’t know how to clean. I didn’t know how to emotionally support a man. Don’t marry a child if you want a spouse, a partner. When you marry a child, that’s what you get. A child to take care of.
- You men looking who are searching for a virtuous woman – don’t fall for one showing everything she has, because that is NOT what virtue looks like, okay? If she is showing everything she has to you, she is also showing it to everybody else.
- You want a partner who will co-parent your children? Don’t look for the hottest thing on the block! Because they will STILL be the hottest thing on the block AFTER you are married to them! Somebody showing all they got is INSECURE and DESPERATE FOR ATTENTION. They still gonna want all that attention AFTER THEY ARE MARRIED, YALL – that’s a road that ends up in DIVORCE COURT, I’M JUST SAYIN
- If you want a partner that’s sober, don’t marry somebody that’s only been clean for 5 minutes
- If you want a godly marriage partner, you don’t marry somebody that’s been saved for 20 minutes when you been walking with the Lord for 20 years – THEIR WALK IS NOT PROVEN YET AND THEY COULD STILL GO EITHER WAY - YOU WANT A PARTNER THAT WILL WALK WITH YOU NOT ONE YOU HAVE TO DRAG AND WONDER WHAT THEY ARE DOING BEHIND YOUR BACK that you have to worry all the time what they are doing!
• DON’T BE LED AROUND BY YOUR FLESHLY DESIRES! Be led by His Spirit – walk in WISDOM. Wisdom is a rare thing these days. People of an excellent spirit like Daniel in the Bible are a rare thing these days. How your life ends up going has a lot to do with what or who you are being guided by. Remember The Donner Party? They were a group of 90 immigrants that left from Illinois in 1846 heading for what is now California, led by two brothers with the last name of Donner. First one thing and then another happened to delay their trip. Then they began following a route appointed by a guide who did not know the easiest way across the Sierra Nevadas, but acted like or thought he did. Following his direction led about half of them to their death. Only 45 made it to California the next year and according to legend even those who did had to resort to eating their dead friends’ corpses to survive. Following the wrong direction will lead you down the wrong path and you will end up at the wrong destination.