Summary: Defeating Strongholds in the Name of Jesus!
Letting Go and Letting God
All of us in this room at some point or the other have dealt with issues in our lives. These issues have a direct impact on how we live on a daily basis. These issues have a name – “Strongholds”. Strongholds directly effect our relationship with God.
A stronghold is a faulty thinking pattern based on lies and deception. Satan thrives on three d’s: Distraction, Deception, and ultimately Destruction. Strongholds cause us to think in ways that block us from God’s best. Strongholds come in different shapes and sizes. Some may have a problem with bad language. Others may have a sin that creeps up from time to time. This morning, we’re going to seek God’s Will in “letting go” of these strongholds and “letting God” have supreme control of our lives.
How can we tear down strongholds in our lives?
1. We must RENEW our minds
• As our minds are renewed, we may discern what is good, acceptable, and perfect, and the will of God.
o Philippians 4:8 (quickview)  - Whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
• When folks are caught up in Spiritual Warfare filled strongholds, their thinking is shame based and they do not realize that it is God’s will and it is good for them to get away from their past.
• We RENEW our minds through SPENDING TIME IN THE WORD OF GOD
o Ephesians 5:26-27 (quickview)  – That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.
I. Be Strong in the Lord and in His power
• In our power alone, we will never be able to hold up to Satan’s trickery and deceit. Only through the power of God can we defeat the deception.
II. Put on the whole armour of God
• Breastplate of righteousness
• Gospel of Peace
• Shield of Faith
• Helmet of Salvation
• Sword of the Spirit
III. Here’s Why:
• “For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.”
• God’s Word can and will provide resources to help eliminate the strongholds from our lives.
31 Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free? Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.