Numbers 23 v 1 - 12 Life & Death
1. Balaam's Danger He was A Sought Man Num. 22:7 And the elders of Moab and the elders of Midian departed with the rewards of divination in their hand; and they came unto Balaam, and spake unto him the words of Balak.
Num. 23:7 And he took up his parable, and said, Balak the king of Moab hath brought me from Aram, out of the mountains of the east, saying, Come, curse me Jacob, and come, defy Israel. 8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defy, whom the LORD hath not defied? What shall it profit a man?
2. Balaam's Determination He was A Bought Man 2 Peter 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;
Rev. 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
He was remembered as a :- Covetous Man loved the wages of unrighteousness, Callous He taught Balak to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel Cunning Man to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication Cursed Man Notorious for his evil influence
3. Balaam's Desire He was A Taught Man Num. 23:10 Who can count the dust of Jacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let me die the death of the righteous, and let my last end be like his!
1) The Vision Of It (Greatly Desired) Psalm 37:37 Mark the perfect man, and behold the upright: for the end of that man is peace.
2) The Valour Of It (Fearless) Psalm 23:4 Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me D. L. MOODY
"If this is death, there is no valley. This is glorious. I have been within the gates and I saw the children, Dwight and Irene" (his two grandchildren who had died). "Earth is receding. Heaven is approaching. God is calling me."
3) The Value Of It (Precious) Psalms 116:15 Precious in the sight of the LORD is the death of his saints.
4) The Virtue Of It (Hopeful) Proverbs 14:32 The wicked is driven away in his wickedness: but the righteous hath hope in his death.
5) The Victory Of It (Triumphant) Luke 16:22 And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried
6) The Verification Of It (Divine) Romans 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord’s.
7) The Vindication Of It (Gain) Phil 1:21 For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
8) The Venture Of It Hebrews 11:13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.
9) The Validation Of It (Blessing Pronounced) Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven saying unto me, Write, Blessed are the dead which die in the Lord from henceforth: Yea, saith the Spirit, that they may rest from their labours; and their works do follow them.
4. Balaam's Death He was A Caught Man Joshua 13: 22 Balaam also the son of Beor, the soothsayer, did the children of Israel slay with the sword among them that were slain by them.