Summary: Pursuing God ❶. Gives us a Desire to Be Like Him ❷. Reveals the Truth About Ourselves ❸. Enables Us to Interpret Our World ❹. Makes Us Stronger & More Secur
Trivial Pursuit board game
- Created 1979 is a game in which progress is determined by a player's ability to answer general knowledge and popular culture questions
- The object of the game was to answer a correct question in each of 6 categories such as Geography, Sports and Leisure, History, and Science and Nature
- Peaking in 1984 selling 20 million games
- As of 2004 nearly 88 million games sold
- Sold in 26 countries
In 17 languages
- 55 different editions
- Questions are pretty obscure. For example,
- What does a heliologist study?
- (The sun)
- What U.S. city was once know as Federal City?
- (Washington, D.C.)
- What is the crystal anniversary?
- (A couple celebrating their 15th anniversary)
- Exactly what it is Trivial knowledge
My Major Pursuit
Philippians 3:10 — Paul in prison
That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection,
Romans 3:11KJV – There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.
Romans 3:18KJV – There is no fear of God before their eyes.
Romans 1:20-21KJV – For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: 21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
And thus did Hezekiah throughout all Judah, and wrought that which was good and right and truth before the LORD his God. 21 And in every work that he began in the service of the house of God, and in the law, and in the commandments, to seek his God, he did it with all his heart, and prospered.
Ps 63:8 Amp - My whole being follows hard after You and clings closely to You: Your right hand upholds me."
23 Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
24 But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD.
❶. Gives us a Desire to Be Like Him
Amos 3:3 - Can two walk together, except they be agreed?
- Being around people we take on their traits
- Kids & their sport heros
- When I was in sales I wanted to be like the one who trained me
1 Peter 1:16 - Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
- v.24 God shows himself
❷. Reveals the Truth About Ourselves
- Note Is. 6:1-5
- Seraphims crying “Holy”
- Means “fiery ones” (their burning love)
- Same Heb word used of the fiery serpents in Num.21:6
- Judgment on sin
- Isaiah saw himself as being unclean
- He is perfect we are imperfect
- He is strong we are weak
-He is in control we loose control (fear, worry)
- Giving opportunity to turn to Him.
❸. Enables Us to Interpret Our World
- Arrogance brings out the pride of life