Summary: 7 E's on how to live life
“For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.” – John 3:16-17
Jesus Christ did not die on the Cross for nothing. He gave His ALL so that we might live. So…
7 E’s TO LIVE LIFE
• “A day without a laugh is a wasted day.” – Charlie Chaplin
• Whoever said that Christians can’t E-N-J-O-Y?
• BUT remember one word: RESPONSIBILITY
• “Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial.”
• Choose which to enjoy.
2. ELIMINATE sin
• ‘Contrasting’ with the first point, keep watch. Do not ally with the enemy.
• Do you enjoy when you sin?
A. It is a command.
• “Fear God and keep his commandments, for this is the whole duty of man.” – Ecclesiastes 12:13b
B. It is the key to blessings.
• “If you fully obey the Lord your God and carefully follow all his commands…the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth.” – Deuteronomy 28:1
• “Blessed rather are those who hear the word of God and obey it.” – Luke 11:28
C. It is the highest expression of love.
• “If you love me, you will obey what I command.” – John 14:15
3. EMBRACE corrections and criticisms
• “Listen to advice and accept instructions, and in the end you will be wise.” – Proverbs 19:20
• “An open rebuke is better than hidden love!” – Proverbs 27:5 (NLT)
• Corrections may be painful, but use those as tools to re-examine yourself.
• If they’re right, accept it.
• If they’re wrong, then prove them wrong without fighting back.
• “To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.” – Ebert Hubbard
• You cannot please everybody. Just do what IS right. God is our judge.
4. EQUIP yourself
• “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” – George Bernard Shaw
A. We were designed to grow
• “We are not meant to remain as children…” – Ephesians 4:14 (PHILLIPS)
• “God wants us to grow up…” – Ephesians 4:14 (MSG)
• “God blessed them and said to them, ‘Be fruitful…’” – Genesis 1:28
• We were created to grow. Strive to be better!
• We were created for more. Explore! Don’t be afraid to experience new things. Don’t be afraid to fail.
B. We were designed to grow with God
• Know that we cannot be better on our own: “…apart from me you can do nothing.” – John 16:5
• Only if we are connected to God can we grow: “Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me.” – John 16:4