Summary: The Produsction and process of a Spirit filled life
Living a Spirit Filled Life
10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.
Intro: Living a spirit filled life, for just a moment I would like you to look at the word Live, definition= “To be alive, Exist” living= Possessing life, it is active being alive Amen? How many have heard Tim McGraws song Live liken you were dying? God wants you to live right now, God wants you to have the promises that are in His word right now, God wants you to have them and have them to the full abundantly How many believe that with me this morning? We live in a generation that says live life to the full, we only live once we might as well enjoy it, the bible says live to the full right? And the mind set of many people is that there will be plenty of time for God later in life because we have been taught that the Christian life is suppose to be boring. Romans 6:1-2 live life to the full God wants us to live a holy life, a Godly Life, a spirit filled life Amen? I believe that if more people understood the purpose of why we are here from the very beginning things would be different or would they? I don’t know but this morning for a moment I want to share some scriptures that will help us understand why we are here and what we are suppose to be doing. Genesis 1:27-28, Matthew 13:23,
John 15:8, I could go around the room this morning and ask what each one received from that some would be the same and some would be different. Living a spirit filled life, it is a
I. Life of Production, Matthew 13:23
A. Comes from the word Produce= To bear or bring forth. Production the process or act of producing, another key word is process= A series of actions, changes, or functions bringing about a result, moving forward Amen? Everything in life is a process, everything in your spiritual life is also a process as well Amen? Gods plan for the human race is to produce fruit, and not bad fruit but good fruit. I Corinthians 3:5-6 I want to share 5 ways of producing fruit
1. Planter- Natural ability to share the gospel with people, outgoing strong personality, straightforward to the point black and white except for the red lettering. Now this is done when asked about, n ot going door to door beating people up, and dragging them to church.
2. Waterer- Good at explaining things, a good listener ability to sit down and discuss things and the seed begins to grow. Evangelist a planter teacher is a waterer.
3. Grounds Keeper- not in the way you are thinking either, not afraid of getting hands dirty, most of the time is behind the scenes keeping the ground ready. Doing little things here and there Amen?
4. Weed Cutter- Cultivating the soil, you know the tough situations that sometimes you have to deal with? There is always someone who says I’ll go it does not bother me to talk with them they are producing fruit trust me the church needs them Amen?
5. Harvesters- Bringing them in, some people are just gifted at getting people to come inviting people, the favor of God is all over them.