Summary: This sermon helps us a Christians to be able to have a life of victory. With these 4 steps we can move from victim to victor.
To live victorious, there is no self-help program but only a “God help me” program. James, the brother of Jesus, details 4 steps to help us to live as a victor and not a victim.
Step 1-Submission to God
· Submit means to yield or surrender oneself to the will or authority of another.
By honestly looking at your life, what or who are you submitted to?
· Areas of life we need to submit:
· We are called to submit ourselves to God, all the time and everywhere.
Step 2-Resist the devil
· Resist means to keep from giving in or yielding to.
· Step one must be done before we can do step two.
· We can’t submit to God totally without resisting the devil fully.
· The result of resisting the devil is he will flee from you.
What area in your life are you not resisting the devil?
Step 3-Draw near to God
· We must understand that we can’t come to God just an old way, God has given us procedures to draw close to Him.
· The result of us drawing near to God is He will draw near to us.
Step 4-Cleansing and purifying
· Cleanse means to make clean or free from dirt.
· Purify means to rid of foreign or objectionable elements.
· We are cleanse and purify the whole man.
a. Outward purity-cleanse your hands, ye sinners
b. Inward purity-purify your hearts, ye double minded.
· Double minded are people who divided the loyalty between God and the world.
Conclusion: God has given us the tools to be a victor in our spiritual and physical life but we must follow the steps. To omit one step is to continue to be the victim.