Summary: PROPOSITION: Since Christ was faithful to His Father while living in a pagan culture, you must be faithful to Christ while living in a pagan culture.
Living as an Alien
PROPOSITION: Since Christ was faithful to His Father while living in a pagan culture, you must be faithful to Christ while living in a pagan culture.
I. Recognize the seductive pressures of society which entice you to conform. v. 1-7
A. A change of location (2).
B. A secular education (4).
1. His new teacher was Ashpenaz.
2. The curriculum was “the language and literature of the Chaldeans”.
C. An enticing standard of living (5).
1. Offered choice food and wine
2. Placed in a position to attain enviable government posts
D. A name change.
II. Institute a strategy in your life to counter the onslaught of secular pressure. v. 8-15
A. He was resolved not to defile himself (8).
1. He refused to compromise his obedience to the Word of God.
2. He refused to participate in deviant worldly activity.
B. He put himself in a position to be favored by God (9-15).
1. He submitted to the authority placed in his life (8b-9).
2. He exercised faith in His God (11-15).
III. Keep the benefits of being loyal to Christ in the forefront of your mind. v. 17-21
A. God gave Daniel success in the school of wisdom (17).
1. Knowledge and intelligence.
2. Understanding in all visions and dreams.
B. God gave Daniel great influence in secular society (18-20).
1. His opportunity for influence increased (second in command).
2. Daniel had proven faithful in little, so God trusted him with much.