Summary: "LIVING CLOSE TO GOD"
Psalm 91 "LIVING CLOSE TO GOD"
I. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Safety -
A. The Description of Living Close to God - 91:1 He that dwelleth in the secret place of the most High shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty. 1. Living In The Sanctuary of Almighty God - 1
a. We Move In - "He that dwelleth"
b. We Move Up - "in the secret place of the most High"
c. We Move Under shall abide under the shadow of the Almighty"
2. Living In The Shelter of Almighty God - 2 I will say of the LORD, He is my refuge and my fortress: my God; in him will I trust.
B. The Deliverance of Living Close To God - 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler, and from the noisome pestilence.
1. From Pits 3 Surely he shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler
2. From Pestilence - 3 and from the noisome pestilence.
C. The Dynamics of Living Close To God - 91:4 He shall cover thee with his feathers, and under his wings shalt thou trust: his truth shall be thy shield and buckler. 1. God's Providential Care - 4 He shall cover thee with his feathers
2. God's Protective Cover - 4 and under his wings shalt thou trust:
3. God's Promised Covenant - 4 his truth shall be thy shield and buckler
II. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Strength - 91:5-10 A. No Matter What Fears - 91:5-7
1. Neither Molestation - 5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; 2. Nor Missiles - 5 nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
3. Nor Malady - 6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness;
4. Nor Murder - 6 nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday. 5. Nor Mortality - 7 A thousand shall fall at thy side, and ten thousand at thy right hand; but it shall not come nigh thee. B. No Matter What Foes - 8 Only with thine eyes shalt thou behold and see the reward of the wicked.
C. No Matter What Fails - 9,10 1. The Father Is Our Invisibility - 9 Because thou hast made the LORD, which is my refuge, even the most High, thy habitation;
2. The Father Is Our Invincibility - 10 There shall no evil befall thee, neither shall any plague come nigh thy dwelling.
III. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Stewardship -11-13 A. Guardian Angels Their Protection -
1. They Watch Where We Sojourn - 11 For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways.
2. They Watch Where We Step - 12 They shall bear thee up in their hands, lest thou dash thy foot against a stone.
B. Guardian Angels Their Provision - 91:13 Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
IV. Living Close To God Guarantees God's Salvation - 14-16 A. The Essentials Of Living For God -
1. Reverence For God - 14 "Because he has set his love upon Me"
2. Relationship With God - 14 "because he has known My name"
B. The Exaltation Of Living For God -
1. He Delivers Us - 14 "therefore I will deliver him"
2. He Dignifies Us - 14"I will set him on high"
C. The Effect Of Living For God - 15
1. The Requirement - 15a "he shall call upon Me"
2. The Results - 15 and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him. a. God's Promise Will Hail Us 15 "and I will answer him"
b. God's Presence Will Hold Us 15 "I will be with him in trouble"
c. God's Person Will Honour Us 15 "I will deliver him and honour him"
D. The End Of Living For God - 16 With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation.
1. God's Earthly Promise - 16 With long life will I satisfy him,
2. God's Eternal Promise - 16 and shew him my salvation