Summary: Because Christ courageously died for you, you must courageously live for Him.
I. Respond to your circumstances correctly! Ch 11-13
A. Complaining People
1. The people despised God’s provision (11:1-15).
2. God displayed mercy but judges (11:16-20).
B. Faithless Leaders
1. Sent to help Moses accomplish the will of God (13:21-25).
2. Returned to hinder Moses from accomplishing the will of God.
II. Consider your choices carefully Ch 14:1-10
A. Rebellion to God’s revealed will (1-4).
1. Rescued from persecution.
2. Receiving physical and spiritual provision.
3. Chose to rebel instead of obey.
B. Commitment to God’s revealed will (14:5-19).
1. Moses encourages the people to go (Deut 1:29-30).
2. Joshua and Caleb encourage the people to go (14:7-10).
3. Moses prays for intercession (14:11-19).
III. Choose your consequences successfully. Ch 14:11-45
A. Offending God with contemptuous living.
1. God mercifully continued to provide for His people.
2. God justly punished them (20-38).
B. Glorifying God with courageous and victorious living.
1. Be clear about your calling.
2. Be clear about the cost.
3. Be clear about the correct focus.