Summary: We are God’s letters to the world, the testimony of His great love for man.
As the apostle Paul would write letters to the churches, God would write letters to a world He loves. Not in tables of stone, but in fleshly tables of the heart.
(I) World Ignorant of God.
(A) John 1:10,( He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.)
(B) Matthew 13:15,( For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.)
(C) Jeremiah 5:4,(Therefore I said, Surely these are poor; they are foolish: for they know not the way of the Lord, nor the judgment of their God.)
(D) Romans 3:11,( There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.)
(E) Acts 17:23,( For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, To The Unknown God. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.)
(II) Called to Manifest Christ.
As Christians our lives should be an example of Christian living.
(A) Ephesians 4:22-24,( That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to the deceitful lusts;
23. And be renewed in the spirit of your mind;
24. And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness.)
(B) Colossians 3:8-10,( But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:)
(C) II Corinthians 4:1-4,( Therefore seeing we have this ministry, as we have received mercy, we faint not;
2. But have renounced the hidden things of dishonesty, not walking in craftiness, nor handling the word of God deceitfully; but by manifestation of the truth commending ourselves to every man’s conscience in the sight of God.
3. But if our gospel be hid, it is hid to them that are lost:
4. In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them.)
(III) Changed into HIS Image.
Through Jesus we are changed into his image. We take on the nature of God. As Christ was the image of the invisible God. Our lives should be the image of Christ.
(A) II Corinthians 3:18,( But we all, with open face beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord, are changed into the same image from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.)
(B) Romans 8:29,( For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.)
(C) II Peter 1:3,4,( According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:
4. Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.)
(D) I John 3:2,( Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.)