Summary: George Bernard Shaw once wrote, “The statistics on death are impressive. One out of one dies”. As a Christian we must come to grips with the idea of mortality. Most people live like there is no tomorrow. We need to live like there is a tomorrow.
George Bernard Shaw once wrote, “The statistics on death are impressive. One out of one dies”. As a Christian we must come to grips with the idea of mortality. Hebrews 9:27 And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment. We must accept the fact that there is a difference in mortality and immortality. I am of the firm belief that there is more than you are born, you live, and then you die. There has got to be more than that. An all mighty loving God has got to have a better plan than that. God initially created man to have friendship and love with and to have eternal life. Unfortunately sin got in the way. Romans 6:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Most people live like there is no tomorrow. We need to live like there is a tomorrow.
I. Let’s look at some of the examples Paul uses to convey resurrection
A. Vs. 36 …That which you sow does not come to life unless it dies..
1. Once you sow the seeds of faith it does not live until you die to old ways
2. No longer do the things you used to
a. Holy Spirit within convicts of ungodly acts and thoughts
3. You must die daily to sin and your old ways to be born again
B. Vs. 40 ..There are also heavenly bodies and earthly bodies, but the glory of the heavenly is one, and the glory of the earthly is another
1. Your earthly body is only temporary and very imperfect
a. It is flesh and not perfect
b. It leads to sin and flesh desires
c. The earthly glory is the work we do for God here on earth
2. Your heavenly body will be perfect in every way
a. The sin nature will be removed
b. The heavenly glory will be in worshiping God in heaven in all His glory
c. There will no longer be pain and imperfections
1. Only five scars will be seen in heaven: on Jesus
C. Vs. 42 through 44
1. 42…resurrection of the dead. It is sown a perishable body, it is raised an imperishable body…
a. Sow the temporary body of flesh and rise a spiritual for eternity
b. Resurrection anastasis -- pronounced: an-as’-tas-is Greek a standing up again, raised to life again, rise from the dead
c. Like a farmer that plants a seed that leads to germination
1. The seed dies so a part of it lives and grows to a plant
2. The deformed seed to a perfect plant
d. Christ took the hard part for us in defeating death
1. Psalms 16:10 For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption
a. Jesus defeated hell, death and the grave
b. We do not have to go through that
2. 43…it is sown in dishonor; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
a. By dying to sin we are son for dishonoring God
b. But are born again for God’s glory
c. Burying our sin admitting our weakness
d. Raised by the power of the Holy Spirit
3. 44…It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body.
a. Born a flesh body
b. Reborn a spiritual body
4. 44…Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural…
a. We are not a spiritual body when we are born flesh
1. It is our original sin nature that we live in naturally
2. It is only when we are born again of the spirit
5. 45.. The first MAN, Adam, BECAME A LIVING SOUL." The last Adam became a life-giving spirit
a. The first man was a living soul by being breathed in By God
b. Genesis 2:7 And Jehovah God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
c. The last Adam, Jesus
1. Who give us life…I am the way the truth and the life
6. 47….The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
a. A reference to being born of earthly things and desires and wants
b. The second body being the resurrected body
1. Our desires needs, and wants will change when we are born again we have a whole new eternal life worshiping God
7. 48….And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
a. We are in the image of earthly desires and ways in our earthly body