Summary: Can others see your passion? As a candle burns for the light, so must we. Can lukewarm become the norm?
LOOK AT THE SYMPTONS? IS YOUR PASSION SHOWING?
ARE WE SEARCHING FOR A PASTTIME? OR A GREAT PASSION?
By Wade Martin Hughes, Sr. Kyfingers@aol.com
INTRODUCTION: Why are many talking about a young boy named TIM TEBOW?
Tim has a great passion...
I. CAN WE HEAR THE CRY OF THE WORLD?
DOES THE CRY OF THE CHURCH DIFFER VERY MUCH FROM THE CRY OF THE WORLD?
A. HEAR THE CRY TO AMUSEMENT?
WE WANT TO PLAY GAMES? We want to have fun...
B. FREE OR CHEAP ENTERTAINMENT?
1 Peter 5:7 Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you.
 Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion,
walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:
 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are
accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.
1 Peter 5:7 Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you.
 Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion
looking for someone to devour.
 Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout
the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
PEOPLE are looking for a way of amusement, a PASS TIME? ENTERTAINMENT?
Amuse: TO DIVERT ATTENTION, to occupy, to entertain in a light, playful, pleasant matter.
To appeal to the sense of humor or pleasure.
II. THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS HAS SOME VERY IMPORTANT LESSONS TO STUDY...
THE LESSONS OF THE 7 CHURCHES IS POWERFUL... 6 CHURCHES HAVE SOME GOOD
POINTS... THE 7TH CHURCH DOES NOT... EACH OF THE SEVEN HAVE SPIRITUAL SYMPTOMS...
1. The church of EPHESUS was an ACTIVE church, she was sound in DOCTRINE...
but the church of EPHESUS was LACKING IN LOVE... Rev. 2:1
2. The church of SMYRNA was filled with poor people, but God saw her as a RICH CHURCH.
3. The church at PERGAMOS was full of FALSE DOCTRINE and DISAVOWED TRUTH.
4. The church at THYATIRA was so hungry for spiritual things and signs, the church
fell for false dreams, lying messages, itching ears, the swallowed fish line and sinker
for THE PROPHETESS SPIRITS. Rev. 2:18-27
5. The church at SARDIS was so sad, it was a dying church bond by traditions, formalism...
HALF-HEARTEDNESS. Rev. 3:1-6
6. The church of PHILADELPHIA... THE LOYAL CHURCH... She loved Jesus Christ, tried
to stay pure, ... Rev. 3: 7-13
7. THEN WE COME TO THE 7TH CHURCH, THE CHURCH OF THE LAST DAYS...
THE LAODICEANS... the no zeal, no passion, back slidden, SELF-SATISFIED,
LUKE-WARM... (Rev. 3: 14-17)
III. 2 OF THE 7 CHURCHES REALLY SPEAK OF THE LAST DAYS...
BOTH CHURCHES OCCUR IN THE LAST DAYS AGE FRAME...
A. THE BIBLE SPEAKS OF THREE KINDS OF LOVE:
1. EROS: pleasure, eye appeal, desire, 5 senses...
2. PHILEO: brotherly, family, kindness
3. AGAPEO: deep, everlasting, wide open,
B. Church #6 is PHILADELPHIA...
Rev. 3:6 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
 And to the angel of the church in Philadelphia write; These things saith he that is holy, he
that is true, he that hath the key of David, he that openeth, and no man shutteth; and shutteth,