Summary: How we can take spiritual authority over the enemy in our lives, homes, and families.
Loose the Strong Man: Protect This House December 7, 2008
Behold, I give to you power to tread on serpents and scorpions, and over all the power of the enemy: and nothing shall by any means hurt you. Luke 10:19
God has given us spiritual authority in our lives, homes, and families, but we must not allow the enemy to bind us.
What is the spiritual climate in your home? Are you exercising spiritual authority over the enemy or are you allowing him to bind you and rob from you? Matthew 12:29
Acts Review: Opposition makes the church stronger.
Paralysis of Analysis: Spiritual paralysis due to over analysis.
More Than A Feeling: Faith is not based on feelings, but on truth.
I. How does Satan bind the strong man? Just a little crack.
• We open the door: Foothold: Eph 4:27
• Subtle compromises, petty arguments, consumed with stress:
• Guilt of the past: If Satan can’t come in the front door, he will try to back.
• A little crack in the door is all it takes.
Can we hear God? “And your ears shall hear a word behind you, saying, This is the way, walk you in it, when you turn to the right hand, and when you turn to the left.” Is 30:21
It is time for the people of God, especially the men of God, to be loosed from the chains of spiritual bondage and take spiritual authority for the lives, families, and homes.
1. What does spiritual authority look like?
Our world has a very warped idea about what manhood means.
Spiritual authority does not mean going to the gym and wearing a tight shirt.
Satan is trying to emasculate the church by binding the people of God.
2. What does the Bible have to save about spiritual authority?
• God’s Order: Men are to protect: take care of your wife, family
• Wives are to be under the authority (protection) of the husband.
• When we get the order confused, we open the door to the enemy.
(If you do not have a husband or farther, that does not mean you cannot have spiritual authority in your life.)
II. How can we be loosed from the bondage of Satan?
1. GO TO THE LORD’S GYM: We must be strong in the Lord.
Proverbs 24:5 A wise man is strong; but a man of knowledge is even stronger.
• If we do not read and pray, we are weak.
• Let them see you pray.
• Don’t wait for a crisis – do it now!
2. Declare your rights in Christ: Use those keys!
And I will give to you the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatever you shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatever you shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven. Mt 16:19
• Declare What Jesus Has Already Done: He has suffered in my place.
• Stop replaying the video of your past and replay His.
• Let the Redeemed of the Lord SAY SO!
3. Reject Fear, Embrace the Future:
For you shall not go out with haste, nor go by flight: for the LORD will go before you; and the God of Israel will be your rear guard. Is 52:12
• Trust Him with everything: Past, present, future
4. Carry a Big Spiritual Stick!
• Take responsibility for your family – together.
• Go into every room and pray – declare victory.
• Walk around your house praising God.
Take spiritual authority over your life, family, home - Protect your Family with your Life!
5. TURN ON THE ALARM! LEARN TO SAY NO!
• Say no to sin – in your house, your family, children
• Establish standards without compromise
• Take anything that is not of God out.
We need some alarms going off in your homes!
III. What do we really need?
1. We need spiritual relationships.
• People are disconnected from the people closest to them.
• We need spiritual security – to be held.
• Being a man does not mean flexing our muscles, but flexing our faith.
2. Set Your Face Like Flint
For the Lord GOD will help me; therefore shall I not be confounded: therefore have I set my face like a flint, and I know that I shall not be ashamed. Isaiah 50:7
3. CHANGE YOUR ATTITUDE
• We need to run on the mountains and declare victory.
• We cannot have victory if we are sad, mad, critical and negative.