Summary: This sermon is about God’s passion and plan to see lost people saved.
Lost People Matter to God
Introduction: Lost people matter to God, and they should matter to us. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son. God gave His best to redeem an eternally lost world. We should give our best to share Christ with those who are lost in sin. Why are people lost?
People become lost because:
1. satan blinds their minds. 2 Corinthians 4:3
2. Selfishness controls their hearts. James 1:14
3. Surroundings shape their values. Romans 12:2
4. Sinful dominates their lives. Psalm 51:5
Seven signs of a lost person:
1. Directionless- no purpose, meaningless.
2. Defenseless- vulnerable, helpless.
3. Discouraged- lifeless, no joy.
4. Disconnected- lonely, tired.
5. Depressed- sunken, sad, and hopeless.
6. Devilish- sinful, unrighteous.
7. Devastated- overwhelmed, ravaged and desolate.
Rick Warren said, “God expects harvest, God wants us to catch fish, not just look after the aquarium.”
“Say not ye, There are nine months, and then come harvest? Behold, I say unto you, lift up your eyes, and look on the fields, for they are white already to harvest.” St. John 4:35
How to restore the lost:
1. Compassion- Matthew 9:37
2. Connection- Luke 19:10
3. Consistency- 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
4. Christ- Romans 1:16