Summary: We will discover what love is after the revelation of God himself.
The Definition of Love
1 Corinthian 13: 1-8
Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. 2 And though I have the gift of aprophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, bso that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. 3 And cthough I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body 1to be burned, but have not love, it profits me nothing.
4 dLove suffers long and is ekind; love fdoes not envy; love does not parade itself, is not 2puffed up; 5 does not behave rudely, gdoes not seek its own, is not provoked, 3thinks no evil; 6 hdoes not rejoice in iniquity, but irejoices in the truth; 7 jbears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.
8 Love never fails. But whether there are prophecies, they will fail; whether there are tongues, they will cease; whether there is knowledge, it will vanish away.
God is not:
Prophesy – Praise – Worship – Prayer – Tongues
God Is Love
How you can claim to have so much God – That when you encounter real love you don’t know what it looks like and you discount it for a not.
When you’ve had a touch from God you cannot leave without knowing that you have had an experience that has changed your life.
Charles Wesley Said:
God only knows the love of God, Oh that It would she abroad in this poor stony heart.
Sensually perception will cause you to Judge from what:
1) We can’t see him in the natural
2) We can’t hear him in the natural
3) We can’t taste him the natural
4) We can’t touch him in the natural
5) We can’t smell him natural
We can’t walk with sensual perception because we can’t walk with God sensually
We walk with God spiritually – which is Revelatory eye opening words from God.
We walk by faith (Spiritual) not by sight (Sensual Perception)
We connect sensually through environment
We connect to God by Faith
What you Love determines How you Love
Intent to Love – Is the intention to Love
Extent to Love – Is having the power to love a: Person – Thing to the depths of its need.
We only want to love what will love us back
Teddy Pendergrass Said: It feels good loving somebody that will love you back
Love is viewed from 6 perspectives
1) Eros - refers to the romantic love that has tremendous passion, physical longing, deep intensity, and intimacy.
2) Ludas - is called game-playing love. It is like the love of a knight for a princess. There are playful interactions here but little intimacy or deep intensity.
3) Storge exemplifies friendship-based love. There is strong companionship and shared values here but little physical intimacy.
4) Pragma - a combination of storge and ludus love, refers to practical or logical love in which someone actively searches for a partner with certain characteristics.
5) Mania is a combination of eros and ludus love. It is also known as the troubled love. This love has jealousy and dependence (often called co-dependency), great intensity, some intimacy. Agape Love:
6) Agape - This is the love of altruism, of giving without asking anything in return, sacrificial Love. Giving of oneself This is the purest form of love. Godly Love.
God never walks away from a weak object
God has had to love some of us through:
Because Agape love covers a multitude of fault….