Summary: Many people are waiting for a move of God, But is it possible that God is waiting for a move of people?
2, January 2005
Dakota Community Church
Make Your Move
When it comes to having things happen in our lives most of us would really like it if God would just hurry up and do something.
We want Him to light the fire, to send the power, to cause revival.
We definitely can not do anything without Him.
Sometimes however the problem is not that God is not moving – the problem is that we are not moving.
Consider what God has already done:
- He sent Jesus.
- He has cleansed us from sins stain.
- He has released us from sins power.
- He has given us His word as a foundation and a weapon.
- He has given each of us the measure of faith.
- God has provided the whole armour.
- He has filled us with the Holy Spirit and with power.
- He has broken the curse of the law.
- He has promised to meet all our needs.
- He has given us the authority to bind and loose in the spirit realm.
- He gives us access to come boldly into His presence.
- He took the stripes for our healing.
Given all of this I cannot help but think that perhaps there is now something that we are supposed to do.
Have you ever been frustrated by someone who doesn’t know it is their move?
- At our games night?
- At the turn onto Dakota on Monday morning the woman in front of me sat right through the flashing green light trying to read what was going on in the old Dakota IGA.
As believers we need to know when we are to wait patiently and when it is our move!
1. It’s your move on soul-winning.
Praying for revival is important and there is no doubt that God does move at times in various supernatural ways; in the here and now we can not simply throw up our hands and say oh well, I guess God isn’t moving here.
An abandoned inner city lot was a real eyesore covered in weeds, garbage twisted metal and broken glass. A local man decided to do something about it and cleaned the place up, planted grass, flowers and trees; finally he put in a play structure and some swings transforming it into a beautiful park.
As one of his neighbors passed by the finished work the man said, “What do you think of the beautiful park I made for the kids?
The neighbor replied, “You shouldn’t take credit for the wonder of God’s creation.
Oh yeah, the man replied. “You should have seen the mess God had this place in without my help.
The point is – GOD USES PEOPLE!
Matthew 28: 18-20
18Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19Therefore –
- pray about it
- I am going to do it.
- Ask the angels
- No it’s therefore
go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age
7He said to them: "It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. 8But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."