Summary: Are my priorities out of order? • Am I putting more time and energy into those areas that are very little consequence? • Should I be putting more time into my family and my marriage and service to God? Maybe today is the day that we should reevalu
Making The Most Of Your Life
How many times have we heard the expression "Get A Life".
• Today my main goal is to encourage you to “get a life”
• A life that is full of God’s blessings / rewards.
• I want to talk about the life that we’ve have been given in God and what a Great life it is.
• If I were to ask you what is it that you want out of life,
• What would you tell me?
• A lot of us might answer that we want a rich and rewarding life
• A life that experiences fulfillment in a variety of ways.
So while you are sitting there thinking about your life I want you to ask yourself
• Are you happy and content with your life
• Or are you looking for something more / more than what you have.
• Are you making the most of the life that God has given you
• Are you using this life and are you making it count for something
• Or are you simply spinning your wheels in frustration?
Jas 4:13 Look here, you people who say, “Today or tomorrow we are going to a certain town and will stay there a year. We will do business there and make a profit.”
Jas 4:14 How do you know what will happen tomorrow? For your life is like the morning fog—it’s here a little while, then it’s gone. Jas 4:15 What you ought to say is, “If the Lord wants us to, we will live and do this or that.”
In all reality we really have very little time to make our lives count for something.
• Does your world make sense to you
• Or does it feel like you never really acomplish musch?
• Do you feel like you are simply spinning your wheels and using your precious energy
• On things that have very little value or consequences?
II. Well the truth is each one of us Can Have A Full And Rewarding Life.
• I believe most of us have an inner need / a desire to be useful.
• We all streuggle to find the meaning of our existence.
• We want to know that there is purpose in what we do.
• We want to feel like we really are needed
• We want to feel that the tasks and responsibilities that we perform in our daily life
• Are important and necessary
• We want to feel that they count for something.
• And if we took a survey this morning I think we would find that
• The average person is probably not very happy with the way their life is going.
So I ask you ---------Are you happy with your life?
• Do you have a rewarding marriage / family life?
• Are you fulfilling your life-long ambitions
• Or have you settled into the grove of accepting whatever happens in your life?
No matter where you stand on this issue
• God has promised each one of us a full and rewarding life
• A life that is filled with excitement and purpose.
Ps 16:11 You will show me the way of life, granting me the joy of your presence and the pleasures of living with you forever.
Jn 10:10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give life in all its fullness.
Do these seem like empty promises to you
• Does this sound like God is teasing you to get your attention
• Or do you really believe that God is able to help you make the most of your life
What is your home life like?
• Are you experiencing all that God wants for you in you marriage
• Are you experiencing all that God wants for you in your family?
• Is there a major discontentment in your home
• Or are you truly getting the most out of what God has planned for you?
What about at work?
• Are you satisfied with your job
• Or does it all seem useless to you?
What about your service to God and the church?
• Are you just spinning your wheels
• Or are you making your life count in the things that you are involved in?
II. SO What Is Needed For A Rich & Rewarding Life.
1. You Have to have A Sense Of Purpose / Destiny.
Proverbs 29:18 When people do not accept divine guidance, they run wild. But whoever obeys the law is happy.
2 Timothy 1:9 It is God who saved us and chose us to live a holy life. He did this not because we deserved it, but because that was his plan long before the world began—to show his love and kindness to us through Christ Jesus.