Summary: The nearest thing to the heart of God is Evangelism. Some of the last words Jesus spoke to the church was to go and preach the gospel.
The nearest thing to the heart of God is Evangelism. Some of the last words Jesus spoke to the church was to go and preach the gospel.
I. MANDATE-FOR EVANGELISM.
- Mark 16:15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.
A. THIS IS THE GREAT COMMISSION TO THE WHOLE CHURCH
II. MESSAGE-GOSPEL OF THE KINGDOM
- Matt 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall
the end come.
A. WHAT IS THE MESSAGE OF THE KINGDOM?
- Matt 4:23 And Jesus went about all Galilee, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the kingdom, and
healing all manner of sickness and all manner of disease among the people.
-Matt 9:35 And Jesus went about all the cities and villages, teaching in their synagogues, and preaching the gospel of the
kingdom, and healing every sickness and every disease among the people.
III. MAGNETISM-CHRIST LIFTED UP.
- John 12:32 And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.
IV. METHOD-THE HOLY SPIRIT.
A. In the leading of the Holy Spirit we have a methodology in evangelism that is found in: Rom 8:14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.
1. Universal-works all over the world.
- Acts 10:34 Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: .
2. Versatile-suitable to every situation.
- Luke 1:37 For with God nothing shall be impossible. .
3. Adaptable-gives us a flex ability in God that is practical and effective at all times.
- Heb 4:12 For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.
A. LOVE FOR CHRIST.
- 2 Cor 5:14 For the love of Christ constraineth us; because we thus judge, that if one died for all, then were all dead:
- Gal 5:6 For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love. .
B. OBEDIENCE TO HIS LORDSHIP.
1. We do what He asks us to do.
- Luke 6:46 And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?
2. We follow him everywhere.
- Luke 9:57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
3. We serve one another.
- John 13:14 If I then, your Lord and Master, have washed your feet; ye also ought to wash one another's feet. .
4. He is Lord and Master.
- John 13:13 Ye call me Master and Lord: and ye say well; for so I am.
God bless you and yours!