Summary: A New Years sermon to give guidance for the coming Year
Mapping Out The New Year 1 Peter 3:10-3:12
INTRO.- Have you ever had a bad day?
• Everyone has a bad day once in a while Who hasn’t?
• But what about a really bad day? Here’s one that tops many I’ve heard.
• The following came from a Florida newspaper:
• A man was working on his motorcycle on his patio and his wife was in the house in the kitchen.
• The man was revving up the engine and somehow, the motorcycle slipped into gear.
• And when it did , The man, still holding the handlebars, was dragged through a glass patio door
• And along with the motorcycle dumped onto the floor inside the house.
• The wife, hearing the crash, ran into the dining room,
• And found her husband laying on the floor, cut and bleeding,
• With the motorcycle laying next to him and the patio door shattered.
• So The wife ran to the phone and called an ambulance.
• Because they lived on a fairly large hill, the wife went down the several flights of steps
• To the street to direct the paramedics to her husband.
After the ambulance arrived and transported the husband to the hospital,
• The wife up picks up the motorcycle and pushed it outside.
• And Seeing that gas had spilled on the floor, she gets some papers towels,
• And wipes up the spilled gas and then throws the towels in the toilet.
• Meranwhile her husband was treated at the hospital and was released to come home.
• After arriving home, he looked at the shattered patio door and the damage done to his motorcycle.
• And he became so upset that he went into the bathroom, sat on the toilet and smoked a cigarette.
• After finishing the cigarette, he flipped it between his legs into the toilet bowl while still seated.
• The wife, who was in the kitchen, heard a loud explosion and her husband screaming.
• She ran into the bathroom and found her husband lying on the floor.
• His pants had been blown away and he was suffering burns on the buttocks, the back of his legs and his groin.
• So again The wife runs to the phone and calls for an ambulance.
• As luck would have it The same ambulance crew was dispatched and the wife met them at the street.
• The paramedics again load the husband on the stretcher and began carrying him down to the street.
• And While they were going down the stairs with the wife, one of the paramedics
• Asks the wife how the husband had burned himself.
• She told them and the paramedics started laughing so hard,
• That one of them tipped the stretcher and dumped the husband out.
• And He fell down the remaining steps and broke his arm.
I Peter 3:10-12 1Pe 3:10 “If you want a happy life and good days, keep your tongue from speaking evil, and keep your lips from telling lies. 1Pe 3:11 Turn away from evil and do good. Work hard at living in peace with others. 1Pe 3:12 The eyes of the Lord watch over those who do right, and his ears are open to their prayers. But the Lord turns his face against those who do evil.”